2;7

This entire experience has been unbelievable, I will never forget it. Getting to see things like lion turtles and the light spirit has been wonderful and amazing... but the destruction and devastation because of Wan releasing Vaatu makes me feel unbelievably sad.

Jaya for example, was a young man who was living with his friends and spent everyday trying to survive. He and many others like himself finally left their lion turtle city in hopes of finally getting a life of peace and find a place where they won't have to starve or live under the Chou's rules. He never found that peace, and he and the others moved from one sad situation to another. He turned to violence and ultimately lived a sad life whether he realized it or not.

Jaya and his men were wiped out by the spirits. There was a moment where Wan was finally able to hold all the elements at once and he went into the Avatar state for the first time. I've seen my sister go into the Avatar state before, but this? This was different. The power he was experiencing as Raava entered his body and began to bend all the elements all at once was almost too much for him. The power that radiated off of his body shifted the atmosphere, and just for a moment the spirits were able to escape Vaatu's image, and they and the humans stopped their fighting, but Raava had to leave his body or he would have died. I've never witnessed anything like that, it was insane.

"We have to go back!"

Wan tries to run back to where the fighting was, but Vaatu flies in front of him, standing in his way.

"Your human friends have already been annihilated," Vaatu says darkly.

"No!" Wan yells.

"Enjoy your final days. See you at the end of the world!"

The dark spirit flies away, leaving Wan to search for Raava. I gasp in horror as I spot the spirit lying there behind a boulder, hurt and weak as she groans in pain. Poor Raava, I could cry just looking at her. She's gotten so much smaller. I could cup her in my hands she's so tiny.

Wan picks up the spirit and cradles her in his arms.

"Raava..." He trails off, speechlessly.

"I'm sorry, Wan," she says weakly.

I know this was thousands of years ago, but my heart breaks for them. Raava is being destroyed, and Wan just found out that his people were killed by the spirits turned dark, and two of them happen to be his friends, one on each side. I know I could never be the Avatar, it's not just about bending. You have to deal with the emotional side too, and a lot of it is devastating.

He slides Raava into the teapot I recognize from when I first met Wan. He jumps onto Mula and sets a course for the southern spirit portal.

"We're almost there," Raava says from inside the teapot. "I was wrong about you, Wan. I had no idea that humans were capable of such nobility and courage. I'm sorry that we do not have much more time together."

"Let's not give up before the battle's even begun. Who knows what will happen?" A slight smile appears on his face. "After all, this is my first Harmonic Convergence."

I love his optimism. It also reminds me of my sister...

"This is the southern portal to the Spirit World. Here, Vaatu and I will do battle once again, at the place where the two worlds meet," Raava annouces.

Mula, Wan, and Raava pass through the portal.

We're here.

The landscape is mostly barren with the exception of the large hollow tree that stands in the middle of the portals and several streams. I shrink back as Vaatu emerges from the northern portal. I know they can't see me, or I guess I'm not actually here- however this works! But I've said it before, this is scary. We've encountered Vaatu countless times during our journey, but this is it, this is the important battle. I'm hoping this battle will give Jaya and Yao the justice they deserved. I know this was thousands of years ago, but my heart still aches for them. They deserved a happy ending.