4;22

'Classic Bolin-'

This takes place between book 2 and book 3!
...

Kitty

It's been a very long week. After dumping Von, Korra defeating Unavaatu, the south becoming independent, and my dad becoming chief, I'm excited to get back to Republic City. I think Korra is right, this is a new era. And things definitely feel different, I'm excited for what's to come. Of course I'm going to miss my mom and Katara, even my cousins, but I'm ready for these next two days to fly by so I can get back to Air Temple Island.

"Kitty!" I hear my mom call for me. "Bolin is here to see you!"

"Coming!"

I hope he's ok. I know he was pretty bummed after him and Eska agreed it would be better to break up, even after they confessed their love for each other during Harmonic Convergence. I guess when the world is about to be destroyed you should really watch what you say, because emotions were running wild.

"Hey, Bolin- MOM, PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE SHOWING HIM MY BABY PICTURES!!"

She always does this! Every time someone new comes around, she has to show them embarrassing pictures of me growing up! The least she can do is show Korra's instead, there are plenty of those.

"Calm down, sweety," she tells me. "I didn't show him the embarrassing ones."

"They're all embarrassing," I mumble.

"Well I'll just give you two some space," my mom says politely. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

"Thanks, Mrs. Kitty's mom," Bolin replies.

"You have no idea what her name is, do you?" I ask him.

"Not a clue."

"So, what's up? And what's with the outfit?"

He has this really fancy suit on, his hair is slicked back with way too much hair gel while he nervously grasps a bouquet of yellow roses in one hand. I have no idea what's going on here, but this is weird. I hope he isn't trying to ask my sister out again. Her and Mako just broke up not even two seconds ago.

"Ok," he says nervously. "I know this is random, but I think you are the coolest girl ever! You're funny, caring, and the bravest girl I know. I mean, you were the only one to stand up to Eska..."

"Thanks, Bolin, but what's this about?"

"Um... Kitty, will you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" He pushes the flowers out in front of me with a goofy grin painted across his face.

I almost broke out laughing, but then I remember who I'm talking to. I don't want to hurt Bolin's feelings. I mean, remember what happened when he caught Mako and Korra kissing? He was devastated! And him and Eska just broke up! He's been through so much this past year, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time, I can't lead him on. What am I going to do?

"I even asked your dad for permission," he tells me.

"And he said yes? 😬" I ask him while keeping a smile on my face, but truly, I am very annoyed. My father knew this would happen, and he just let it. It was really sweet of Bolin to ask, but I really wish my dad would've said no!

"Yep! So what do you say?" He asks, startling me out of deep thought.

"Um.. Sure!"

What the heck, Kitty!
...

Bolin and I have been walking around town, and I am so uncomfortable. At times I find myself lingering behind Bolin because I don't want anyone to think we're dating, even though everyone is use to seeing us together. Of course I love to hang out with him, but we're on a date. A date I do not want to be on. I know, I should've said no. I should've been honest with him and told him that this is actually a terrible idea. I just didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I panicked, and now we're here.