4;3

The Coronation; 1/2

So much has changed these past three years! Mako is a bodyguard for the future Earth King, Prince Wu, while Bolin works for Kuvira, the Earth Kingdom's interim leader, who has brought stability to a nation plagued by chaos, and Kitty is now a Republic City spy! Meanwhile, after wondering the world trying to heal herself, a spirit led Korra to the swamp, where she met Toph Beifong. Will this earthbending master be the key to Korra regaining her Avatar mojo?

...

"And that over there is Air Temple Island. When Korra and I first arrived in the city, we stayed there with Tenzin and his family. We did everything there. And Pema use to make these rolls that were to die for, they were delicious! Once Tenzin gave both Korra and I traditional airbending attire that we looked absolutely ridiculous in, it was hilarious. And when we babysat the airbender kids, sometimes we'd reenact the One Hundred Year War. I was always Sokka.."

Today is coronation day. I should be excited to be back in Republic City, but I'm not. I feel sad. So much has changed, and I really miss the old days. It feels just like yesterday Korra and I snuck off to the city so Korra could train with Tenzin. I'm so grateful for all the memories here, but I'm sad it's over.

"You've really missed this place, huh?" Jade asks.

"Yeah... But even though I've had so many good times here, I'm still thankful for the memories we've made together! I know we didn't start out on the best foot, but now you're one of my best friends."

"Yeah! I thought you were going to be an annoying brat who was always handed opportunities because of your status- ya know, daughter of a world leader and all... but really, you're amazing at what you do and deserve all the credit."

"And I thought you were a pompous, overly confident brat who couldn't stand the thought of someone possibly being better than you."

"I am," she admits, and we both laugh.

"Yeah, but you're still great."

We decided to walk around City Hall since the coronation is running late. I have yet to see anyone I know, so it's just Jade and I. Though, I really don't want to run into anyone right now. A lot of people think of me as a traitor now, so...

"Hey, who's that that?" Jade asks.

I turn around to see who she's talking about. It's been three years, and you'd think I'd be ready for this moment, but of course I'm not. There he is, the guy I fell head over heels for who caused me a lot of trouble since I arrived in this city. Someone who I called my best friend for years. My heart is fluttering, but not like it use to, that's for sure.

"Um, earth to Kitty."

"Oh, sorry! Yeah, um, that's Mako."

"Bolin's brother? The dude you had a crush on but dated your sister and best friend all while trying to dictate your dating life?"

"Yes," I admit getting annoyed at the memories of it all.

"He's hot."

"Jade!" I gasp.

"Come on, he is. Wait, are you still in love with him? Because-"

"Of course not! You know my heart belongs to Wing."

My heart does belong to Wing, of course it does. I think the reason why I'm having all of these emotions seeing Mako again is because of our history together. I don't want to be with him, but the way things went between us is disappointing. There's always going to be that feeling of 'what If?'