Chapter 41~ The Baby Name Game

Katie's POV

Demi came home a week ago and we have been running around like chickens with our heads chopped off. Demi started to insist that we start to get ready for the babies after we find out the babies genders later on today. Which meant painting the rooms and buys all the baby stuff. Dear god, please lord let me be busy for the next  7 months of my life. 

Today, Demi and I were recording our song 'Never Grow Up'  together and it was the last song I had to record, after to the album would be sent to post production and then be released. Yay! The album was finally going to be done and I couldn't be happier. This album told my story and I was proud of how hard I worked at it. 

After recording, I had hockey practice as well as dance practice. I knew hockey would be easy but I wasn't too sure about dance. I already knew I would have to stay later at dance because I was arriving late because of hockey practice. 

On the way to hockey, Demi and I stopped off at a sandwich shop just so I would have some energy for dance practice after hockey.

"Don't forget your Aunt Dallas if going to be taking you to dance today," said Demi. 

"Alright, does she know where to wait for me?" I asked.

"Yea" 

"Text me when you find out the genders please?"

"Katie, you can wait until after the baby name game. That was the deal.'

"Ugh, mommy please?"

"No baby girl, I'm sorry but its a surprise. Nobody else will know until the babies are born."

"Uhhh fine" 

When we arrived at the ice rink, I grabbed my bag and ran into the locker room so I would be able to change and get on to the ice before everyone else got into the locker room. 

Hockey was simple, we ran through the plays and then each shot some goals before we called it a day and went back to change. I stayed out on the ice and ran through ome more plays and did a few extra practice shots before my head coach came out to the ice and said the locker room was empty for my use. 

I quickly changed and walked into the area that my Aunt Dallas was supposed to be waiting for me, and there she was, when she saw me, she smiled brightly and hugged me. Together we walked over to her car and drove off towards the dance studio. 

When we got to my dance studio, we walked in together and I got dressed in my dance clothes and practiced, I was about an hour late so that not only meant that I had to stay behind an hour but I also owed my teacher one hundred pushups and situps, which wasn't all that many to be honest but I was going to be exausted. I knew what  I was getting at when I signed up for everything and I was willing to put in the work. 

In total, my dance practice was almost 3 hours long. To say that I was tired, I huge understatement, I felt like I was going to die during practice between the pushups and situps. After dance practice, Aunt Dallas drove me home, she dropped me off on the driveway and I walked inside. 

I yelled hello to my parents and that I was going to take a shower. I got an okay back, I headed up to my room and stright into the connected bathroom. In the middle of my shower, I heard a knock on my door. 

"Come in," I said.

"Hey kiddo, your dad is going to order some chinese dilivery. You want to get the usual?" Demi asked. 

"Yea, but extra meat and rice. I'm starved" 

"Alright, finish up and come downstairs."

"Alright, I will."

I slowly finished up my shower, I mean my shower was practically 80% me sitting under the warm water and 20% me washing my body. So I didn't really have to hurry up. Once my shower was done, I brushed out my hair and got dressed into a pair of sweatpants and a random paramore t-shirt that I stole from Demi a while back. 

Demi's POV

Nick and I are currently at the doctors to find out the gender of our babies. Katie wanted to come but we made her go to dance practice and it was decided that she would find out the genders of her siblings. 

"Hello Miss. Lovato and Mr. Jonas," Dr. Weber said

"Hello Dr. Weber," Nick and I both greeted

"Why don't we find out the gender of these babies. Yes?" 

"Yes" 

The doctor hooked up the machine and asked for me to roll up my shirt. I did as asked, Nick stood next to me and held my hand the entire time. 

"Okay now Demi, the gel is going to be a little cold." 

I simply nodded my understanding and gazed at the machine that would show my babies within the next several moments. The cold gel was applied to my rounded belly and then the doctor ran the wand around. 

His face made a funny look and I immediatly felt worried. 

"Is something wrong doctor?" Nick asked. 

"No, nothing wrong. It says here you guys are having triplets right but there are four babies," the Doctor explained.

"How were we not able to see the fourth last month?" I asked. 

"He was probably hiding behind his brother."

"So two boys? What are the other two?" 

"Two identical boys and two ferturnal girls." 

"Best of both worlds."

"You have that right, well I will leave you to get cleaned up while I print up pictures and then you guys will mkae another appointment for three weeks from now and you get to go home."

"Thank you doctor." 

The doctor soon came back with our pictures and then we left the room, we both had big smiles on our faces. We made our next appointment then leaving the doctors office, heading to our car. Together, we drove home. 

"So how are we going to tell Katie there are now four babies?" Nick asked me.

"Well, we are playing the name game tonight. So after the game we pick the two best names for each gender," I said.

"You think she'll understand?" Nick asked.

"She's smart...she'll figure it out. Plus if she doesn't we show her the ultrasound pictures."

"Sounds like a plan."

Not even an 2 hours after Nick and I arrived home, a exausted sounding Katie was dropped off by Dallas. She called out "hello" and "I'm going to shower", I called back okay to her from my spot in the kitchen where I was with Nick deciding what to order to eat. I had so many cravings that it was impossible for me to decide what I wanted. Finally it was settled on Chinese. 

I walked up to Katie's bathroom to ask her if she wanted the usual or not. 

After getting my answer, I walked back downstairs to the kitchen to let Nick know. It was soon ordered and not long after that Katie made an apperance downstairs. She looked utterly exausted, maybe I should talk to her about it. I don't want her to run herself down into the ground with everything and end up not enjoying it anymore. I didn't want her to hate any of her hobbies. 

"Katie, baby I think we need to talk about your activites," I said

Katie looked at me and I knew this talk was the right thing to be having. 

"What about them?" Katie asked.

"Katie, look at yourself. You are dead on your feet. Maybe after tour we split everything into seasons. Like hockey is in the winter, dance is in the summer and then what ever else in the spring and fall." 

"Yea I guess that sounds okay." 

I was honestly, plesently surprised that she didn't fight it. I guess deep down she knew I was right. 

The doorbell song rang and Nick went to answer it. 

"Help me get drinks in the family room?" I asked Katie

She nodded and went straight for the glasses, getting three from the counter and then coming towards me with them so I could fill them. After they were filled, Katie brought them into the family room while I grabbed the forks and spoons. 

Nick met us in the family room with the food and we watched the TV and ate our food. After we ate was when we played our name game. 

Katie' POV

My parents and I ate our food in the family room and watched the TV. I think it was a crime show but I didn't really care because I was still trying to come up with another name for a baby girl. I came up with two for boys so I thought I should come up with two names for a girl. 

So far I have onl Daniella Rylee for my girls name. So I just kept thinking.

Soon, Nick decided it was time to play the game. Thank god because I just want to fall asleep.

"Katie you go first," Nick said. 

"Okay well I have two names for each boy and girl," I said.

"Alright well lets here them," Demi said. 

"For boys I like: Storm Riley and Wyatt Alexander and for girls I like: Daniella Rylee and Scarlett Destiny." 

"Those are some unique names Katie." 

"Thanks dad, you go now." 

"Okay well for a boy I would like Nicolas Jerry Jr and for a girl I like the name Savanna Nicole." 

"I love the girls name," both Demi and I gushed

"Thanks girls. Okay Demi its your turn."

"Okay well for a girl I love the name Aria Grace and for a boy I love the name Jaxon Baylor." 

"Okay, so now we decide for two names for each gender," Nick said

"Wait why pick out for names?" I asked.

"Um, well there could be two boys and one girl or there could be two girls and one boys....or there could be two boys and two girls," Demi said

I was trying to figure out what Demi just said so I was silent for several moments. 

"Wait...two boys and two girls means four babies...since when are there four babies?!" I questioned. 

"Well one of your brothers felt like hiding. But there are four babies." Nick told me

"Holy crap. That's a lot of babies," I said. 

"Yea hah. So what four names do we like the best?" Demi questioned. 

"Well for boys I like Storm Riley, Nicolas Jerry Jr and for girls Daniella Rylee and Aria Grace," I said. 

"Well for boys I like Storm Riley and Jaxon Baylor and for girls Aria Grace and Savanna Nicole," Nick said

"I love the names Wyatt Alexander and Nicolas Jerry Jr for the boys and then for the girls I like Daniella Rylee and Aria Grace," Demi said.

"Well I think we have our names for these babies. Our boys are Storm Riley Jonas and Nicolas Jerry Jonas Jr while our girls are Daniella Rylee Jonas and Aria Grace Jonas," Nick said

"Wow...I just realized that in seven months...there will be four babies here. Dear lord." I said

Nick and Demi chuckled at that.

"So when do we start doing baby shopping?" I asked.

"We can start tomorrow after your hockey game if that sounds good for you," Demi said

I simply nodded. I was so excited for both my game tomorrow and for the baby shopping. The three of us sat next to each other, well I kinda laid across Nick with my head on Demi's lap. But we watched TV until about 10 at night before I decided it was time for me to go to bed, so I said goodnight to my parents and took Thor up to my room and went to sleep.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I was so tired after writing this yesterday (2/13/15) that I didn't write in my author's note before I posted this...oops. 

Anyways only three more chapters and a two part epilogue before the book is over. I'm not gonna lie...I'll be a little sad when this book is other. It's practically been my baby and it's almost a year since I published the first chapter. Thanks for all the love guys!

Yea...that's about it. 

Stay Strong loves. 

Peace Out.