Clock Don't Stop

*6 Years Later* 

Katie's POV

These last six years have been something else, Shawn and I finally got married not long after SJ turned two and a half years old. Our wedding wasn't all that big, only our families, a few celebrities and several of our close friends were in attendance, in total we had maybe 150 people at the wedding. Shawn and I both wrote our own vows and I simply cried when I heard his, they were beyond beautiful. Our wedding was a something else. We were married in the Bahamas on the beach and our wedding was officiated by my Grandpa Kevin. I was walked down the aisle by both my parents and I couldn't tell who had more happy tears, my dad or my mom. We danced our first dance as a married couple to my moms song "Yes" and my dad and I danced the father-daughter dance to One Direction's "Moments".  Both my parents performed at our wedding. Truth be told our wedding was a something else. Hard to believe that night was almost five years ago. 

Just over three years ago, Shawn and I found out that we were pregnant with twins. That pregnancy brought us our second son and our first daughter. We named our son Mason Lee Mendes and our daughter is named Demetria Devonne Mendes. Mason was named for his goofy Aunt Maddie who was also his godmother while Demetria was named for her amazing and tough as buttons grandmother. It was Shawn's idea to name our daughter after my mom. 

SJ, who is now almost eight years old, was such an amazing big brother, he was super protective of his younger brother and sister. I fear for any boy that breaks my daughters heart in the future because he would have to deal with her brothers and her father. 

Nightingale is now seven years old and as healthy as a young pup, just a tad bit slower then he was as a puppy. He loves to play with the twins and he loves to run around the backyard with SJ who is now eight and a half years old. 

Currently, Shawn is on break from his world tour. I knew that he really miss the kids and I because whenever we talked on the phone at night I heard pain in his voice. When his team was planning the tour, they made it a point to give him a week long break every three weeks so Shawn could come home and be with his family.

At the same time, I am writing my seventh studio album. I already have three songs recorded and Shawn is featured on the album. I have a plan to get my mom and dad featured on the same track on this album. 

Speaking of my mom and dad, they decided to take some time off of music. They wanted to spend time at home while my younger siblings were still young. Besides for Alex, Storm, Nick Jr, Daniella, Aria and Jaxon, my younger siblings were joined with two boys and a girl from my moms last pregnancy two years ago. The boys were named Wyatt and Baylor while the girl was named Savanna. Honestly, I don't know how my parents can keep up with all of them, I would just die of over exhaustion. 

Speaking of my brother Alex, he now plays for the Chicago Blackhawks in the NHL. He was drafted right out of his first year in college. Several days after he turned 19, he got the news that he was selected to become the next captain of the Chicago Blackhawks. This marked him being the youngest captain in all of the NHL. I loved getting to watch him play, he was a natural on the ice and he loved the sport with all with being, playing professional hockey wasn't his job, it was his lifestyle. 

Last year, Maddie got married to her boyfriend of four years Collins Key. I was surprised when they first started dating but they made a cute couple and Collins made Maddie so happy. I was beyond happy when they got married. 

Two years ago, Bea and Jacob finally tied the knot and all I can say is that it took them long enough. Bea asked me to be her maid of honor and she wanted SJ to be their ring-bearer which I thought was adorable. Last year, Bea and Jacob welcomed their first child, a daughter who they named Riley Ann Whitesides.  

My Aunt Selena and Uncle Niall were still going strong. Their daughter Mia is about to turn ten and their son Jamison is about to turn nine later this year. Four years ago, they welcomed baby number three, a son named William. 

My Aunt Dallas, happily ever after never lasted long. She got married to this awesome guy about five and a half years ago and found out she was pregnant just ten months later. Unfortunately her husband died in a violent car accident before he ever got to meet his son. She gave birth to her son and named him after his father, Dylan Micheal Harrison. Thankfully last year, she began to date again and it took some time but she found a guy that's great for her and makes an amazing role model for her son.

I honestly could not have asked for a better way to spend these last six years. My life has been perfect. My family and I, well for right now we are happy and healthy.