Ch20~ Restarting The Road To My Recovery

Katie's POV

I sat in Demi's lap a little while longer and I'm guessing that Maddie either became bored or something, because the next thing I know is Maddie flying through the air and suddenly landing on my lap. As soon as she landed in my lap my arms wrapped around her waist. I look over to Demi and see her looking at something on her phone, so I took my chance and leaned into Maddie as far as I could manage since Demi still had one arm around my waist and whispered to her "When I first woke up this morning and walked to the landing, hearing you tell Demi everything I told you...I was pretty upset. I understand why you did it and I just wanna tell you Thank You. I love you so much Mad." I leaned back into my orignal position only to have Maddie lean into me and whisper "I only did it because I love you, I want you to get healthy. You may be older then me but you are still my niece and I love you with all my heart. You're Welcome Kiddo.". 

Maddie tried to move back into to her position but I gripped her waist tighter and just pulled her closer to me. As this point Demi put her phone down and was stareing at the two of us. Demi pulled Maddie and I into her chest and hugged us WAYYY to tight, like tight enough to the point we are stuggling to breath. Demi pulled her phone out once more, this time opening her camera app, the three of us put our heads together and smiled, Demi took the picture. After that we were being total goofballs and made funny faces at the camera and took a whole bunch of random pictures. After taking what must have been 40 pictures we looked back threw them and just laughed our asses off. 

Demi soon realized that it was almost 10am and tells us we need to eat and since Demi cant make anything besides eggs and cereal and a fruit salad she tells us we are going to IHOP for breakfast. This sends Maddie scrambling off of me and out of my room saying that she needs to make her self look presentable. This sends Demi and I into a fit of giggles. I go to crawl off Demi only to be pulled back on to her lap. 

"You know your road to recovery comes with some rules right"  Demi asked me

"I kind just assumed there will be rules, so lets hear them" I told her 

"Smart girl. Alright so the rules are as follow:

   1. No going to the bathroom alone after you eat. 

  2. No showering by yourself until you are at least 3 months clean of self harm and purging. I will always be in the bathroom as you in other words.

  3. We are throwing away all of your blades, even your secret ones. 

  4. I am taking away all sharp objects until further notice" Demi said to me

"Alright, those sound do able mom" I say to Demi

After Demi lays down her rules she so follows up with the "And no ifs ands or buts about it" statement like I was even going to say anything after she laid down the rules and I just agreed to them. Demi let me off of her lap so I can go to my closet. Once there I quickly checked the weather and pulled out the clothes I wanted/needed. I was walking to my bathroom to which is connected to my room, I stopped dead in the doorway, slowly turning and giving Demi a look. "Well...mom...arent you coming" I asked her. Demi was soon up and off my bed and followed me into my bathroom. 

She sat on the covered toilet while I showered...I usually sing in the shower but I cant with Demi in the room..sure she has heard me sing before but I sing her songs while I shower...and thats just awkward, considering Demi Lovato is my mom and I am singing her songs...it's just no. 

Soon enough I was done showering and I dried off my body and changed into my top and underwear. What I don't shave my legs in the shower...I fill up the sink a little bit and shave them there. Nothing wrong with it. I have that weekly internal arguement with my brain. While the sink was filling I sat on the ground in front of my mom. Just staring up at her.