Chapter 31~ A Surprise for Both Demi and Katie

Nick's POV

Today was my last day with Demi and Katie for quite a while. I wouldn't be able to see them for another month. Tonights show is also the first time that Katie would be performing with Demi up on stage, it was also the night that I ask Demi to promise herself to me and only me. Katie and I already planned it out, as well as pretty much everyone knows except for Demi. Today is also the day that Katie gets a surprise of her own, Luke Hemmings got a hold of Demi and asked if he could surprise Katie, Demi of course told him yes. I have a feeling he was going to ask Katie out because those two are always talking.  

Katie told Demi which songs that she wanted to sing up on stage with Demi to lead me into asking her. They are 1. U Got Nothin on Me 2. Two Worlds Collide 3. The Middle 4. My Love is Like A Star and last but not least 5. Catch Me. 

I was to come out during My Love is Like A Star and then I was staying to perform Catch me with them. Katie is a genius, she planned the most of this without my help. 

I was a little nervous but I could deal with it, my nerves had nothing to do with my performing on stage because I grew up performing on stage...my nerves had eveything with asking Demi to promise herself to me. 

Demi had already left to go to the venue because she had sound check, Katie and I were leaving soon to join Demi at the soundcheck. Katie had to be there to run through things with Demi.

I was trying so hard not to let my nerves show but I guess Katie sensed them. 

"Dude calm down"  Katie said 

"I can't just calm down...I am asking the person that I am head of cleats in love with to promise herself to me"  I whisper shouted

"Dude just calm yourself down. Take deep breathes...I mean its not like she will say no. I know my mom and she will definitely say yes"  Katie said

"I believe you, I just have never thought about this before"  I said

"Well I sure hope not or else you and I are going to have a few words"  Katie said 

I couldn't help but chuckle at her and how protective she got over Demi. It was really cute to be honest. Katie and Demi were adorable together, they had this bond almost like one that a birth mother and daughter share.

We soon arrived at the venue and Max met us out back. We walked inside and around backstage, Demi was finishing up her last song of her solo sound check. After all this time of knowing her as an actress or singer, I still get surprised at the range of her vocals. Soon Demi finished and noticed Katie and I standing over in the shadows of side stage. She ran over to us and gave both of us a hug. I recivied a peck on the lips while Katie got a kiss on the forehead. She soon took Katies hand and dragged her into the middle of the stage. I stood back and watched, Katie seemed to be a natural up on stage. No doubt in my mind that she would get a recording contract soon, she has a powerful voice and she is a natural up on the stage. 

Katie's POV

Nick was nervous for no reason, Demi was going to say yes to him. I mean she it head over heels in love with him, so why wouldn't she say yes? When we got to the venue Demi was finishing her last solo sound check song and once finished she spotted Nick and I sitting in the shadows of side stage. SHe ran up to us and gave us both hugs. Nick recivived a kiss on the peck on the lips while I got a kiss on my forehead. Demi soon dragged up onto the stage and we started our sound check, she is still pretty clueless as to why I chose the songs that I did.

I don't know why I was so hestient to perform on stage with her because now that I am on stage for sound check I feel so comfortable. It really feels like I belong up here.