Ch. 15~ Doctors, Oh Joy.

Katie's POV

I was hopeing to feel slightly better but I guess my wish isn't going to come true. I woke up about 20 minutes ago shivering and coated in a thin coat of sweat despite the fact that I had slept in sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I rolled over to see Demi's side of the bed empty but it still felt warm so she couldn't have gotten up to long ago. I took my phone from the headboard of the bed where I had placed it last night and unlocked it, looking at the time. It was just 1:30, what was Demi doing up this early? Hell, what was I doing up this early? Speaking of the devil Demi appered in the doorway with an ice pack and some more medicine. The ice pack I'll take but she can keep the medicine. That shit tasted horrible and I don't think its working. Demi walked over to the side of the bed I had slept on and I sat up. Demi handed me the medicine which I fought. Kaitlyn Jennifer Leigh Lee Lovato take the damn medicine right now its way to early to fight about this She said slowly and quitely. Damn...you know your parent(s) are mad when they say your full name...no matter how fucking long it is. Reluctenly I took the liquid medicine from Demi's hand and knocked it back in one shot, quivering at the taste of it then laying back down, Demi lifted my head up and put the ice pack right underneath my neck then walking back over to her side of her bed and getting it. Once Demi was in she snuggled up close to me and fell back asleep. Soon I felt my eyes get heavy, once I let them close I fell into a heavy slumber. 

Demi's POV

I could barely manage to sleep, always waking up no more then 10 minutes after I fell asleep because I was worried about Katie. Finally after mananging to convince my self that Katie is right next to me and if I was needed I would feel it and wake up. Somewhere around 1:30am I woke up to a shivering but burning Katie. I felt her head to find her burning up and she was covered in a thin coat of sweat. FUCK! I opened my phone and set a reminder at 8:30am to call my doctor and an appt. for him to take a look at Katie. Setting the phone back down on my bedside cabinet, I got out of bed and walked downstairs and got a icepack and some liquid medicine. Walking back into my room I found Katie awake but groaning...assuming its because she found out she was up super early. I walked over to her side of my bed and she sits up. I try and hand her the medicine and she fights me. That is until I pull the full name card. I used to get scared shitless when my mom pulled that card on me. Kaitlyn Jennifer Leigh Lee Lovato take the damn medicine right now, its was to early to fight about this I said slowly and quitely, trying to scare her slightly. Im going out on a wild limb her but I am going to say that it worked since Katie took the medicine but quivered once she drank it. She laid back down and I lifted her head up and put the ice pack underneath her neck area. Walking to my side of my bed I got in and snuggled into Katie and fell asleep.

I awoke with a jolt cause by the loud noise emitted from my IPhone sitting on my nightstand. I quickly reach over with hopes that it did not wake up a peacefully sleeping Katie. I untangled my daughters arms from around my waist and slide out of my bed grabbing my phone on my way from my room. Going though my contacts as I decend the stairs, I come to the one I want...my doctors number. Hitting the call icon, bring the phone to my ears I wait for the other end to pick up. Soon my doctors nurse answers the phone. 
N- Hello Demi, are we sick again?
D- Haha ummm no actually my daughter is sick. I would like to get her into to see Dr. Kokopelli if at all possible today before it gets to late.
N- Uhh sure let me see what he has a opening today.
     Seems that he is open for a 9:45 appointment.
D- That works perfectly. Thank you so-so much.

I am so lucky I was able to get her in. I look over at the clock and its only only 8:45, I decide to let Katie sleep until 9am since she is finally asleep longer then 2 hours. The medincine has helped out a lot in this case...I know you aren't supposed to give a sick person medicine before a doctors visit because then it gives a false "reading" to the doctor, but by this time I am sure her body has burned it all off considering she has a fever. I make myself a coffee and call Max to ask him if he can drive us to the doctors. I want to be in the back seat with my babygirl.