Chapter 4: Fun at the mall...until I run

Recap:

Katie’s POV:

We soon start our day at the mall...woo.

Demi’s POV:

I kiss her forehead and we start our day at the mall.

Chapter 4: Fun at the mall…until I run

Katie’s POV

We wandered around the mall for a few hours. Stopping at a few stores such as Topshop, Sears (believe it or not they have some cute clothes there), Wet Seal, Hot Topic, Zumiez, Aeropostale, Icing, Vans, Oakley, F.Y.E, and Apple where Demi bought me a Iphone 5s and several cases and a MacBook Air along with a IPad. Immediately  after Demi bought my new phone she put her number in my phone and mine in hers.

Demi was always piling my arms full of clothes even clothes of sizes I didn’t wear. I had to try them all on unless I wanted Demi to start to catch on. I hurry into the dressing room before I let the demons get to me.

Don’t try them on. They are all too tight on your fatass. This just means you won’t be having lunch or dinner. The demons said to me. I close my eyes and try and block the demons.

I try them all on and I was right. They are all too small for me. As I was dressing the scars my first adoptive family left me. I leave the dressing room and walk past Demi’s back and leave wet Seal. I run to the nearest bathroom and lock myself in the farthest stall. I lean over the toilet and stick my fingers down my throat and threw up. I threw up my entire breakfast. The burning feeling familiar to my throat. In my pocket I feel an unfamiliar vibration and finish out my new cell phone. I see that Demi is calling me, I hit ignore call. I know what you are thinking…who in their right mind would ignore Demi Lovato’s phone call. Well that would be me, I really do not want her to know my dirty little secret. Yes even if she battled the same disorders I really don’t want her my hero and adoptive mother to relapse. I stand up and clean myself up and leave the bathroom. I wander around the mall for another 45 minutes until I find the food court and I just sit there by myself…in my own self pity.

Demi’s POV

I thought today was going good. I mean Katie and I went into several stores like Topshop, Sears (believe it or not they have some cute clothes there), Wet Seal, Hot Topic, Zumiez, Aeropostale, Icing, Vans, Oakley, F.Y.E, and Apple where I bought Katie a Iphone 5s and several cases and a MacBook Air along with a IPad. Immediately after I bought her the IPhone I put her number in my phone under the contact Katie J and my number in hers under the contact name Momma Demi.

We were currently clothes shopping in side Wet Seal and I piled her arms high with clothes around her size. I soon sent her off the dressing room welling knowing it will take time for her to try them on. I return to finding her more clothes.

I find a whole basket full and walk over to the dressing room I sent her into only to find it empty. I look throughout the entire store not finding her. Where could she have gone? I am starting to panic. I quickly scroll down to her contact name and hit call. It rings a three times before the call was sent over to voicemail. I tried once more and got the same result. I run out of the store and into and out of different stores of the mall before I finally give in. I walk over to the food court to sit and call Max to help. I get closer to the food court and see a girl that looks just like Katie. I get closer and I realize it was Katie, I run up to her and hug her super tightly. I release her and notice that she is sobbing. I sit down next to her and pull her into my lap and rub her back while rocking her back and forth trying hard to calm her down, I start to sing Nightinggale to her. Soon her sobs turn into sniffles and she beings to say sorry over and over again. I ask her why she ran away. She mumbles that she is too fat for someone to love her. I am flabbergasted about this.

D- Katie listen to me babygirl. You are not fat. You are a beautiful young girl. You my baby girl are awfully skinny.

K- Really Momma? You think I am beautiful

D- Yes babygirl. You are such a beautiful little girl. You make me smile all the time. I love your laugh and your smile. Most of all I love you and the person you are. Nobody in the world is 100% perfect. It is all your perfections and imperfections that I love babygirl.

K- Thank you momma. I love you

D- I love you to babygirl, do you want to go home or continue shopping a little bit.

K- Can we go to Sear’s and pick out some outfits and then go home.

D- Of course babygirl. Come on I will carry you

K- YAY!

I am so glad I found my babygirl. I love KJ already with all my heart. We make our way over to Sears…KJ has her head on my should and I sing Gift of a Friend quietly so only she can hear. When I finish I kiss her forehead and whisper I love you. When we get to Sear’s I put her down and we walk in together and pick out some clothes. I go with her to try them on, not letting her leave my sight. Each time she tried on a new outfit I had her give me a little fashion show. KJ ended up picking out 15 outfits, 7 pairs of shoes, 3 dresses, 6 sunglasses and 9 beanies. She is such a cutie pie.  We finally head home.

Katie’s POV

Demi found me after about 45 minutes. I felt her hug me tightly and once she let go I broke into violent sobs. I felt her pull me on to her lap which just made my sobs grow louder. She tries to calm me down by rubbing my back and rocking me back and forth. Demi soon started to sing the song Nightinggale to me. Soon my sobs slow down and I mutter sorry over and over again.  Then I make the biggest mistake very. I quietly say that I am so too fat to be loved by someone. Demi pulls me at arms length and says: “Katie listen to me babygirl. You are not fat. You are a beautiful young girl. You my baby girl are awfully skinny.”

K- Really Momma? You think I am beautiful

D- Yes babygirl. You are such a beautiful little girl. You make me smile all the time. I love your laugh and your smile. Most of all I love you and the person you are. Nobody in the world is 100% perfect. It is all your perfections and imperfections that I love babygirl.

K- Thank you momma. I love you

D- I love you to babygirl, do you want to go home or continue shopping a little bit.

K- Can we go to Sear’s and pick out some outfits and then go home.

D- Of course babygirl. Come on I will carry you

We head over to Sears were I pick out many different outfits, shoes, dresses, sunglasses and beanies. Then we FINALLY head home.

Demi calls Max and has him meet us at the door with our truck and he drives me home. Demi and I are sitting in the backseat and I lay my head across her lap. Where she plays with my hair, it makes me fall asleep which I ended up doing because soon I was being shaken and told to sit up. Demi gets out of the car and turns around and reaches for me and picks me up and carries me into our house and up to her room.

D- Hey babygirl

K- Mhm

D- What do you say we pick out colors to paint your room tomorrow and your bed and desk and furniture for your room. Then we can get people in to paint it and install everything

K- Sure mama, can I go to sleep now.

D- Sure babygirl, go get dressed and I will be back in a second to join you.