Brighter Days and Lighters

Katie's POV

@kdlovato: Tomorrow celebrates 5 years since my days became brighter. IN honor of that the first single from album 3 comes out at midnight. Let's get it to number 1! #album3 #BrighterDays

I sent out the tweet and sat on the stool in the kitchen and pondered the last 5 years of my life. They were something else. I ended up graduating high school at 16 years old, my hockey and soccer teams went to become the national champions and my dance team was top competitor at conferences. For the most part I turned out pretty normal despite being famous and all. All of a sudden, I was brought back to earth and out of my thoughts by the shifting of the dishes in the sink. I looked at my phone and panicked slightly at the time. I rushed to the stairs of my house and called for Maddie and Bea. 

"Maddie, Bea, hurry your asses up! We will have to pick up Shawn from the airport, get the cake and then go to my parent's house for the quad's 4th birthday!" I yelled up

"Calm down Katie! We have some time, just give us another minute!" Bea yelled back 

I sighed and sat on the stair case and waited patiently for Bea and Maddie to come down. They soon graced me with their presences and I told them to go out to my truck while I locked up the house. They walked outside and I grabbed my keys and soon followed them, allowing the door to close before locking it up. I walked away from the door with a smile on my face. Still amused that my parents allowed me to buy a house and move out on my own at only 18 years old and that my grandma allowed Maddie to move in with me just six months later. Lastly, Bea joined us by moving in only a few months after Maddie did because at 20 years old she didn't want to live on her own.

I got into the drivers side of the car and started it up while the gate opened behind us. Soon we were off to the airport. Maddie was playing around with the music on my phone, not being able to keep to one song and allow it to play to its completion this was annoying Bea.

Finally, after an hour of drive and dealing with Bea being annoyed at Maddie and shouting at her to pick a stupid song, we arrived at the airport. I parked the car in the car garage and together the three of us got out to greet Shawn.

I probably should have brought Max or Charlie but I didn't even think about it because I was excited to see Shawn after not seeing him for 3 weeks due to him finishing the last week of his tour along with him going to see his family. So together, the three us of walked into the airport and were greeted with fans who we gladly stopped at took pictures with and signed some stuff while we waited for Shawn.

I soon saw Shawn walking towards us and broke off running towards him. He set down his guitar case and dropped his bag on the ground. I jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug. He spun us around in a circle before he set me back onto my feet. We shared a quick kiss before I picked up his guitar case and he picked up his bag and we walked back towards Maddie and Bea who were looking at the both of us with smiles on their faces.

When we got back to Maddie and Bea, they each gave Shawn a hug before they both made comment's that made me blush. I hid my face into Shawn's chest and died internally. Finally we all made our way back to my car but not before several of fans noticed that Shawn joined us and yelled out that "Shawtie" is too cute and asked if they could have pictures with the both of us.

When we got back into the car, Shawn was sitting next to me and he played DJ and unlike Maddie allowed the music to play to its completion. He insisted on playing songs from my first and second albums. I groaned and decided to give him pay back by playing songs from his first album. He groaned out but stopped once we both called truce. 

We stopped off and I picked up the cake for the quad's fourth birthday and then we made our way to my parents house. It didn't take long for us to arrive and I called my dad and told him that we were here and he met us on the drive way to grab the cake.