Ch17~ Relapsing

Chapter 17

Demi’s POV

I woke up to my ringtone going off for what seems to be the billionth time. Quickly I reached over and turned it on silent and allowing me to fall back asleep.  Not long after I was awoken one more by my phone vibrating on the coffee table next to the couch. Who in the devil’s name would want me this badly that they would blow my phone up, especially this early in the morning?

I looked over at my phone and saw I had 55 text messages and 20 missed phone calls and 20 voicemails. What the actual hell? I thought to myself, I reached over and took a look at my phone, seeing that it was all guys who had sent me text messages.

Smartass Jonas (13 text messages, 5 missed calls)

Wilmer (Blah) (11 text messages, 2 missed calls)

Niall  (13 text messages, 4 missed calls)

Styles (2 text messages, 2 missed calls)

Joe (4 text messages, 2 missed calls)

Cody Linley (12 text messages, 5 missed calls)

Shit what do all these guys want. Nick, who has been dying to meet Katie since I first told him I was adopting a daughter, so that is probably what his messages are about, that are also we kinda got close on tour. Wilmer, is the last person I want to talk to since he cheated on me while I was on my world tour. Niall, that cutie, we had a date a year or two ago but nothing happened from it. Harry, hmm I wonder why he is leaving me messages. Joe, oh dear...hopefully he still isn’t scared of me. And last but not least is Cody, hmm...we dated back in the day and even after we broke up we still were really close, but I will admit in the recent years he has gotten extremely cute.

Oh well I will look at all the messages and respond to them when I am fully awake. Now I am sleeping with my daughter, on my very large couch and currently I am extremely comfortable. I laid my head back down and looked down at my sleeping daughter and kiss her head, allowing my eyes to close once again and drift into sleep.

Katie’s POV

I woke up when I felt Demi kiss my head softly, and I could not seem to fall asleep. So I just allowed myself to lay there, in her arms and cuddling into her. I was extremely warm and comfortable in this blanket and using Demi as a pillow. Her phone is currently glowing and she has a bunch of messages. Seriously do people not not understand not understand this concept of sleep?  I am super tired super tired even though Demi and I passed out on the on the couch before midnight.  Soon I was bored and allowed myself to fall asleep once again.

Demi’s POV

I finally woke up for the final time and decided that it was time to wake Katie up as well and eat breakfast. I carefully got out from underneath Katie and walked to the the kitchen making a quick fruit salad before walking back to the couch to wake up my beautiful sleeping daughter.

Katie come on it's time to wake up. We have to eat breakfast.

Instead of waking up she rolled over on her side facing the back of the couch trying to sleep some more.

Katie, don't make me do it.

With no response, I reached over and started to tickle her. She sprung up with laughter trying to get away from me and my tickle hands. Not that it worked because even if I am clumsy I am kinda fast. Soon Katie was up and lazily walking over to the kitchen door. I stood up walking away from the couch, grabbing my phone in the process and following Katie. Not seeing the closed kitchen door I walked straight into it. Good going Demi, I thought to myself. I am such a clutz. Once I was able to actually walk through the door, I saw Katie sitting at the kitchen island eating a small bowl of fruit with a small sized bowl of cereal. I was proud of her for recovering slowly but surely, she is now getting closer to the healthy side for the weight of a fourteen year old girl. Katie looked up at me and with sass asked me