Welcoming Baby Mendes

Katie's POV

{Flashback}

I was almost three months pregnant when it finally clicked in my brain that I was pregnant, I prayed every day for a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby. I didn't really care about the sex of the baby because I would love him or her unconditionally, but, at the same time a part of me wants this baby to be a baby boy because I had this childhood dream when I was in the orphanage that when I started my family, I wanted to have a boy for my first child because then if I had a girl for my next child, then she would always have a big brother to protect it. I always wanted that dream to come true because I wanted older siblings. But after I got adopted, I saw how fake that dream was. Because when my mom gave birth to Storm, Nick, Daniella and Aria, I immediately became protective over them because they were and still are babies. When Alex became my brother, I became super protective over him because he was suddenly the kid of two famous people, he wasn't born into this scene but brought into it. Finally, Jaxon was born and everyone is protective of him simply because he's the baby. With me, I have my parents, all my aunts and uncles and now Shawn to protect me from harm. I never needed an older sibling.

As I thought about it, I realized how silly and stupid that dream was. But I will say this that the day Shawn and I found out the sex of our baby was among the happiest days in my life, I was just over five month along in my pregnancy. Shawn and I kept going back and forth if we actually wanted to know the sex of the baby but I just couldn't handle waiting until I gave birth.

We found out that our baby was growing at a healthy rate and we also found out we were having a boy. I could tell Shawn felt a weight lifted off of his shoulders for the time being. I knew he was going to be a great father regardless but I also knew that having a daughter was a little bit more challenging. I see it with my parents, my little sisters could be such brats and definitely did stress out my parents a bit, my brothers on the other hand are also handfuls but listen a little bit more than my sisters. But regardless we love them all.

On the way back to the house, Shawn and I discussed names for our son as well as who we thought should be the godparents to him. For names I either wanted Devon, Wyatt or Shawn Jr. but Shawn wanted Riley, Jacob or Alexander.

Shawn was being a little stubborn when it came to having our son having his name.

"Shawn, I really want our son to have your name. I think it would be cute, especially when I dress him to look like his daddy," I said

"I just don't want him to have to feel the need to become me. I've heard from a lot of people that being a namesake is a hard job. I don't want our son to end up hating me because of that," Shawn admitted

"So, together, we teach our son be his own person. That even though he carries his fathers name that he doesn't have to be a mini me to his father."

"I guess you are right babe."

"I know."

Shawn smirked at me.

{End Flashback}

I smiled at the memory of that day. I smiled because it was the reason that I knew I reassured Shawn that he was ready to be a father and an amazing one at that. But also because I reassured him that no matter what everything would work out.

When we told bout our families that we were having a boy they were all so joyful. They asked if we had ideas for the name of our son but we just shook our heads even though we already knew the name for our son.

Currently, I'm a week away from my due date. I don't have a big baby bump and at first I was worried about that but then my doctor reassured me that the baby was healthy. Shawn was giving me a foot massage while we were both waiting for my parents to come over. While my mom, Aunt Dallas, Aunt Selena, Maddie, Bea and I went to the spa today that would give my dad, Harry and Uncle Niall, Alex and Shawn were going to put the finishing touches to the babies room. Nightingale was laying on the ground right next to the couch and only moved when I stopped petting him.