Epilogue

10 Years Later 

Katie's POV

You would think that being thirty six would slow me down just a bit, but no. I'm still working as hard as ever to improve my sound, write new music for myself and other artist, managing twenty five percent of a record label all while balancing my family life. Sometimes were harder than others but they were always manageable in the long run. 

I couldn't be happier then to share my life with an amazing man. Shawn has been so amazing to me over the sixteen years of our marriage. He has been an amazing husband, father and helped me raise seven amazing children along the way. 

That's right, seven kids. No where near the ten that my parents raised but close enough. 

Three years after I had the twins, I became pregnant and nine months later had a beautiful baby girl that Shawn chose to name Jennifer Erin Mendes but I gave her the nickname of Jem. Almost a year and a half later, I had my last pregnancy and that gave me my youngest baby boy, Gracen Chance Mendes. After that pregnancy, Shawn and I chose to foster a brother and sister duo named Maddox and Harmony, we ended up falling in love with both of them and decided to adopt them into our family considering they fit right in to begin with. Maddox was fifteen and all about soccer meanwhile Harmony was ten and all about dancing. They did however have a common love for music. Maddox played piano, bass and drums while his sister played the guitar and sang her heart out.

While Maddox and Harmony did that, SJ was all about hockey, his schooling and his siblings. At eighteen years old, SJ was an established model but decided to go to school full time and continue playing hockey. He still modeled on the side but really focused on school and the game. While he attended school, he got offers to be drafted into the NHL but decided to stick graduate college first. SJ ended up graduating in three and a half years before being drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks. For the first three years of his career, he played alongside his older uncle who took a pay cut to come back to the Blackhawks and play with his nephew. 

Mason was a troublemaker when he wasn't in front of the camera, while Demetria was an angel. Both he and his siter became a child actor and model for Disney and Freeform. They both craved being in front of the cameras, they practically ate up all the attention that they received. They both had parts in major movies but nothing major as Shawn and I wanted the twins to have as normal of a childhood as possible considering who their grandparents and parents are, who their uncle is and finally who their brother is. 

Jem who is only six right now is just starting to fall in love with music. She gets excited whenever Shawn is playing his guitar at the house because it means she gets to learn all about it. Jem often goes to the studio with her father to watch him record his new music. When her little brother, Gracen, wasn't attached to my hip or following me around the house, he was often jealous of his older sister but I kept promising him that he will go to the studio all in no time. 

And Shawn and I, besides being busy with our kids and our music, we still found time to go out of date nights once a week. Hey, we had a lot of free babysitters at our house. 

Bea, Jacob and their three kids lived on one side of us while Maddie, Collins and their two kids lived right on the other side and my parents and my siblings that were still living at home lived on the other side of Maddie and Collins.  We were always helping each other out with the kids. 

Right now, I'm at the studio, taking a small but much needed break from motherhood and recording for my three albums that are being released as a package in the next year. One is a re-recorded version of my first album, while the second is my second greatest hits and my third is all brand new songs. It was a lot of work and a bit stressful at times but I love it. This is all while Shawn is currently on break from music. He has released twelve studio albums and gone on seven world tours that he decided he just wants to be with his family now. In a year or so he will go back to touring, I know how much he misses it but he missed his family more. I know he plans on doing small and intimate shows again. Both him and I agreed that those shows are the most special ones on the planet.  

If you look at it long and hard, you realize that life has funny ways of surprising you. I mean, when I was just fourteen years old I was an orphan. Nobody wanted me and then my mom came along and everything changed for the better. I went from being a zero to someone that people looked up to, suddenly, so many people in the world envied me because who my mom was and still is. 

Sure my life has had a few bumps in the road but you know what, life isn't perfect and mine is no exception to that. I am proud with the way that my life turned out because has Demi not adopted me, who knows where I could have ended up. 

THE END!

~~~~~~~

Oh my god guys, its over, its actually over now. I have spent months trying to think of the best way to end this book and I realized that there really is no better way then this. This book is probably the biggest mess that I have ever created but its my baby and in some way, I'm so proud of this book. Thank you to each and every one of you who commented and voted on this big ole mess. I love you all. This book is yours just as much as it is mine. 

I'm going to miss writing this book.