Ch~ 28 Lazy Day, Date Night and an Emergency

Katie's POV

When I woke up this morning the upper half of my body was laying across Demi while the lower half of my body was split between half laying across Nick and the actual bed. I don't remeber much besides the fact that I fell asleep laying across Demi and Nick yeaterday during The Notebook, But I definetly remember that we were on the couch at that moment and not on Demi's bed, so why I slept with them is unknown to me. 

I felt Demi start to stir underneath me, so I took this opptunity and slide inbetween her and Nick, I faced her right before she opened her eyes. I was laying a little but lower then she was so I had to look up at her. Demi looked down at me when she opened her eyes and started to playing with my hair with a smile of her face. 

"Good morning my beautiful baby girl"  Demi said with her raspy morning voice
"Good morning momma"  I said to her with a smile on my face

Demi kept running her fingers through my bed head hair. 

"Hey mom...not that I mind but why did I sleep with you guys?" I asked
"Oh, Yesterday after The Notebook, Nick and I were watching something on the ID channel and you started to cry a little in your sleep and say something about No Don't Hurt Me with the rare soft scream and Nick and I were worried so we had you sleep with us "  Demi said
"Oh, I'm glad I have you guys"  I said to her
"See...I told you that he didn't hate you"  Demi said to me with a smirk on her face
"Yea Yea..you were right. I love you momma"  I said to Demi as I snuggled up to her chest
"I know I was babygirl, I love you to"  Demi said to me as she placed a kiss on the top of my head

At that exact moment Nick decided to roll all up on top of me, and take Demi and I into his arms. 

"Like I said yesterday afternoon could never hate you Katie, I might not have known you for that long but I love you like you were my own daughter"  Nick said to me and then he kissed the top of my head 

I love moments like this. They feel like we are getting closer and closer to being a real family and that just makes my heart melt and brings a smile to my face. Back when I lived in the orphange I thought nobody would ever want to adopt me because of my age my issues but Demi proved that thought wrong, and now the only thing I want more in the world is to have a dad as well...well I also want a dog and siblings, yea siblings would be awesome. 

Nick's POV

After Demi and I finished watching The Notebook, We started to channel surf finding nothing interesting in particular to watch. I noticed Katie had tear streaks going down her cheeks and I instantly started to worry about her. That worry only increased when she started to talk in her sleep saying "No don't hurt me"  and let out some soft screams. I looked over at Demi who had a look that was full of worry on her face but her eyes told me that she knew what Katie was dreaming about. I didn't push Demi to open up to me because I want Katie to tell me on her own. 

About an hour later I saw Demi yawn. 

"Dem its late, why don't you head off to bed?"  I asked her
"Because you make such an amazing pillow babe"  Demi replied
"Well then why don't we all head off to bed"?  I asked
"Yea, sure...Can you carry Katie up to her room?"  Demi asked me while trying to hide the worry in her voice but I sensed it
"Why doesn't Katie sleep between us tonight? I know your worried about her just as I am"  I asked her
"You know me so well babe, lets go"  Demi said

We gentally moved Katie temporaily so she could lay on the couch, I pulled Demi to her feet and gave her a quick peck who then started to walk off to her room. I turned around and picked Katie up bridal style and carried her upstairs to Demi's room. When I got upstairs Demi was emgering from Katie's room with what looked like a set of make shift pajamas. 

I set Katie in the middle of the bed and then headed to the bathroom allowing Demi the privacy to change her daughter. When I got back Demi handed me a pair of my old sweat pants that she stole from me when she spent the night at my house after her and Wilmer broke up. Qucikly I turned around so Demi could change and I proceeded to strip down into my boxers and slip on my sweat pants. Demi crawled in on one side of her bed and I slid into the other side. 

We both had our arms underneath our head and were looking at Katie. Suddenly Demi's lips broke out into this mile wide smile. 

"What are you smiling about Demi?"  I asked her 
"Nothing, I just love the way you look at Katie like she's your own flesh and blood. It makes me fall more and more in love with you" Demi said
"Well she reminds me so much of her mother, she's just as beautiful as her mom. And lets not forget I am totally and completely in love with her mom."  I said

This made Demi Awh  and smile. I flashed her my million dollar smile and reached over and took grasp of her hand and we laid there holding hands across Katie's sleeping body. Demi soon fell asleep and not long after I gave into the battle of sleep and fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Sometime throughout out the night when I woke up Katie was spralled out laying hald across Demi and halfway across me. It brought a smile onto my face seeing that she was able to sleep like that so comfortablly. I quitly got out of bed to check my sugar and go to the bathroom. 

When I got back to Demi's bedroom, I crawled back underneath Katie's legs and fell right back asleep. 

That morning I woke up to hearing Demi and Katie talk quitely as to how she ended up sleeping with us. They had yet to realized I was awake. Demi told Katie that she loved her and kissed the top of her head and in that exact moment I wanted to let them know I was awake so I rolled over on top of them and scooped them into my arms. At that exact moment Nick decided to roll all up on top of me, and take Demi and I into his arms.