Will You?

Shawn's POV

Well, I've been sitting on this for the better part of the last three weeks. I didn't know how to ask Katie, the love of my life, the future mother to my child, how to marry me. Like it didn't seem like it was all that hard in my head but I wanted it to be perfect, so naturally that's what made it hard. 

Bea is currently helping me go over what became the plan for tonight all while Maddie got the important job of keeping Katie busy. I can only guess at what they are currently doing, in all likely hood it probably involved shopping for our baby. 

As for the plan to purpose to her would go like this: I take her to the beach for a picnic to watch the sunset and then we go to the nearby boardwalk and ride the carousel and at the top of the ride. After the carousel, we would slowly walk to the beach and when we got back to where our picnic would be there I would tell Katie to close her eyes and I would walk a little bit away and get onto one knee right next to a German Shepard puppy that will wear a sign that says "Will you marry us?", then I would tell her to open her eyes and hopefully she will say yes. Then fireworks would go off behind us. Secretly there would be someone following us and taking pictures of our night together.  

Bea and I went out to set up the private part of the beach and then we came back home. Bea sent Maddie a text telling her that all was clear to bring Katie home while I went to shower and change into my clothes for the evening. I was just about finished getting ready when Katie walked into our room.

"Why so dressed up?" She asked. 

"That's a surprise, so shower and get dressed into something beautiful. We are leaving in about an hour" I said.

I walked out of the room with my black blazer in hand then turned around. 

"Oh Bea already picked out your dress and when your done showering, Maddie and Bea will be doing your hair for you while Selena and your mom do your makeup, see you when ever you are done." 

I turned back around and walked downstairs. There I met Maddie. 

"The puppy is at your parents house?" I asked her.

"Yup, Nick dropped it off two nights ago. You picked out a handsome little guy Shawn, what's his name?" Maddie asked

"Nightingale."

"Why Nightingale?" 

"I know it's Katie's favorite song from Demi and it seemed to fit the puppy so that's why."

"God, who knew that you would be so romantic?" 

I just smiled at Maddie and walked into the kitchen where she followed. Thankfully Bea was in there. 

"Okay so, you guys are going to get the puppy and I'll text you when we are on the way back to the beach from the boardwalk. You guys will light up the candles and lay down the rose peddles then get Nightingale into place and hide somewhere near so you guys can see everything," I said softly. 

Maddie and Bea simply nodded. 

Soon we heard the shower stop and that was Bea and Maddie's cue to get up and get Katie ready. Not long after then went up, Katie's parents along with her brother Alex and Aunt Selena arrived. They were in on this to, they would take pictures of us at the house kind of like normal family members would do for prom pictures. 

Demi and Selena went up into our room to help Maddie and Bea while Nick and Alex walked with me to the living room. I sat across from Alex and Nick, Alex was the first to speak up. 

"So if everything goes according to plan, you'll be my brother in law?" Alex asked. 

"Yeah, if you don't mind that," I said.

Adopted By Demi Lovatoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें