Chapter 21~ Telling Aunt Selena

Katie's POV 

        It was now 12:45pm and I was pacing by the front door. I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell Selena that I had relapsed. She already knew I was recovering but yea I was worried about her reaction to my news. I hope she won't be dissappointed in me. 

        It's now 1:00pm- I am still pacing near the front door. "Where is she?" I thought to myself. As if my htoughts were being read by the big man upstairs the door bell rang. I quickly answered the door hoping that Selena would be the one standing there. 

        "Hi Aunt Selena"  I said as she pulled me into a bone crushing hug
        "Hey Katie, what's u-" was all she was able to get out before she was cut off by a small squeal and a thud.

        "MOM!!" I yelled out
        "DEMI!!!" Selena yelled out

        At this point Maddie came sprinting to where we stood by the front door 

        "DEMI" Maddie yelled out. 

        I was already on my knees next to her making sure not to move her because I knew the risk of injurying her further would become greater. I saw her the lower half of her leg start to swell and a bump on side of her forehead that I actually was able to see was starting to form. She still had a plus and was still breathing thank god.

      SELENA CALL A AMBLUANCE!!! MADDIE GET ME THREE ICE PACKS!! I quickly said. Thank you to my guardian angel Hali who taught me everything she knew from being a lifeguard. (First adoptive family oldest sister...I miss her..she died of cancer..anyways not a time for a back story.) I slowly applied one ice pack on her forehead, one inbetween her legs to slow the blood flow to her swelling leg and the last one on top of the area of her leg that was swelling. 

        "Katie, the ambluance is on its way" Selena called out

        I saw Demi's phone in her pocket, grabbing it I typed in her password (0813) and went into her text messages. I clicked on all the contacts of the people who were supposed to come over and sent them a quick text message.. "Hello everyone..uhh...its Katie here. We have to meet another time, my clumsy mom tripped down the stairs and knocked herself out of it. If she wakes up tonight and we come back home then maybe we can come all meet for a bonfire in our backyard."  After to sent that I got 4 responces in an instant. 

        From Mar
      OMG! Keep me updated please?  She needs to learn to walk though...for real. Katie, I can't wait to meet you. 

        From Nick Jonas
        Keep me updated? I can't wait to meet you Katie.

        From Niall Horan
        Oh Lord...Katie please keep me updated? Hopefully we can meet soon

        From Cody Linly
        She's so clumsy, hopefully we can meet up soon. Text me with updates please. 

        I replied to all the text messages saying thank you and that I will keep them updated to Demi's condition throughtout the night. As soon as I hit send the paramedics arrived and loaded Demi on the streacher. "Aunt Selena, I need you to follow the ambulance with your car." I said to Selena. I turned to Maddie and said "Maddie, you are going with Selena. I will ride with my mom." I told her. See you guys at the hospital I called out to them as I walked behind the paramedics, after I jumped into the ambluance and they closed to doors after me. 

        Soon we arrived at the hospital and they took Demi away from me. Selena and Maddie ran up to me and we walked into the hospital. After being led into a private waiting room. After what seemed like a million years a doctor came to us. 

        "Family and Friends of Demi Lovato?" The doctor asked
       "Yes, Thats us!" I jumped up
      "Ah, Okay. Well Ms.Lovato is awake now. She broke her left leg and has a slight concussion.            Nothing to be majorly concerned about. We would like to keep her for another hour to monitor        her but you can go wait with her." The doctor told her
      "Thank you doctor" I said 
       " Come on. I will show you guys to her room."  The doctor told us 

        We silently followed them to Demi's room. She was laying on one of the beds in there with a walking boot on her left leg and a set of crutchs propped next to the bed. When she saw us walk in, her face grew a large smile on it. I practically sprinted to the bed and jumped on to her. "Well hello to you to Katie" Demi said to me in between her giggle fits. 

        "Don't you ever scare me like that again mommy!!"  I said with a serious tone
        "Okay fine I won't I promise" Demi told me

        Soon the hour past and Demi was allowed to go home. Selena of course drove back while Demi contacted the people who were meant to come over today and asked if they wanted to come over for a bonfire tonight, Maddie and I just sat in the back being complete weridos. Everyone replied to Demi and told her that they would be there when ever we were ready. It was now 4:30pm and Demi told everyone to be at our house by 6:30 saying we would have hot dogs and smores. This meant Selena and I had to go to the store and pick up the necessary items for tonight. The car ride was pretty silent until Selena brought up what I wanted to talk to her about earlier. 

        "Hey kiddo...what did you want to talk to me about earlier? It sounded serious." Selena asked
        "Oh..um...you know how I am battling my demons..?" I asked her
        "Yea..." Selena replied..sounding a tad confused
        "Um...well...I may have sorta relapsed." I finally rushed out
        "Oh babygirl, I'm sorry..I'm so sorry. But you will never be going through this alone. You have me and Demi..your nan and pop...your aunts...we will be your rocks and help you stand until you can do so on your own." Selena said

        I stayed silent

        "Does Demi know?" Selena asked
        "Her and Maddie were the first to know. Maddie actually told her when I wouldn't open up to her." I said to Selena 

        Soon we pulled into the store's parking lot and exited the car. Going into the store to get the neccerary items for tonight. That didn't take to long so our shopping trip was soon over and we were headed back to the car to drive home.

       "Hey kiddo?" Selena asked
        "Yea Aunt Selena?" I said
       "FIrst off all...I love it when you call me that, I love being an aunt figure to you. Second of all I love you kiddo. If you ever find yourself not wanting to talk to your mom about something you can always come to me. I won't tell her unless I see that she absoutly needs to know" She said
       "Thanks Aunt Selena, I love you. I promise to come to you next time" I said 
        "Alright kiddo." Selena said

        And with that the car fell silent once more.

       Selena and I carried two bags each into the house.Soon the four people I was forgein to had began to arrive. Marissa was the first to actually arrive in the house and introduce herself and over all she was pretty cool a little strange and querky. Nick was right behind her in arriving and introducing himself himself, he was really chill. Cody and Niall arrived at the same time..they kinda raced eachother up the drive way. It was a pretty funny sight to see. After all introductions were made we all headed outside to have the bonfire. As I built the tiny fire I wouldn't help but notice that all three of the guys were staring at Demi.  I wonder if she had any feelings for them because the three of them had feelings for her..without a doubt. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! I know its a short chapter but I wasn't able to really spend alot of time to write it. I hope you all enjoy it. Sorry in advance for any and all mistakes that were made. 

QOTD: Who would you all rather see Demi in a relationship with? Nick, Cody or Niall?

~RYS