Ch 29~ Surgery, Recovery, Disney Land Fun and Packing

Katie's POV

Not long after Demi signed the paperwork, several nurses came in and started to prep me for my surgery. My nerves would starting to settle in, I mean there aren't many things that could go wrong with this surgery but they could cause some nerve damage. The prepping that the nurses did involved unwrapping my knee (which in itself was extremely painful, I'm pretty sure I came close to breaking both Nick and Demi's hands when they told me to squeeze them) and giving me a shot that slowly started to make me feel really sleepy. Last thing I heard right before they wheeled me out to the surgery room were Demi's, Nick's and Selena's voices. 

"I'll be right here waiting for you babygirl"  Demi said
"I'll be here"  Nick said
"It well be over before you know it, I'm staying until you wake up"  Selena said

"We love you Katie"  I heard the three of them call out in unison. 

By the time I got to the operating room, it was hard for me to keep my eyes open. I finally let them slide closed and felt my mind start to drift off. 

Demi's POV

When they took Katie out of the room all my worry set in. I knew that some stuff could go wrong in the surgery like the fact that she could get nerve damage and that could make her recovery ten times harder. 

Nick and Selena must have sensed my worries because soon I found myself encased in their arms. They walked me over the couch in her room and sit me down, Nick and Selena sat on either side of me and I leaned against Nick who started to rub my back.

Time seemed to tick by slowly, although it is speeding by. It was fast approaching 6 o'clock, Nick is telling me that I need to eat something and I know he is right but in all honesty I'm not hungry. My daughter..my baby girl is in surgery. Sure its not life threating but still, I don't want to eat while she is in surgery. 

Selena came back from the food court not to long ago and now Nick was dragging me down there. Selena told us that she would call one of us if the nurse brought Katie back and we weren't back up yet. Reluctantly I followed Nick. 

Personally I feel like it is a little sick that a hospital has a full on food court and not just a normal cafateria, but thats just me. Nick sat me down at a table and got me a turkey sandwhich with a side salad with some apple slices while he got himself two steak tacos and some chicken terryiki with a salad. Slowly I started to eat and in the end I ate more of Nick's chicken then I did of my turkey sandwhich, which he ended up eatting...opps. 

After we ate, we walked back to the elevators to go back to Katie's room. Just as the doors were closing I heard Niall's voice yelling hold the door. Why would Niall be here?

"Selena called me, crying that Katie was in surgery. I came as fast as I could"  Niall said to us
"Katie tore her ACL and MCL"  Nick told Niall
"Selena sounded really upset about it because she was watching Katie when it happened"  Niall said

Well that explains why Niall is here...to cheer Selena up. 

Soon we arrived on the floor that Katie's room was on. As we approached the room, you could here Selena crying in there. I told Nick and Niall to wait outside while I talked to Selena.

I catiously opened the door and closed it softly. Selena hasn't heard me come in yet. I slowly walked over to her and brought her into a hug. 

"Selena, this isn't you fault. It could of happened at any point. People tear their ACL's and MCL's all the time. Don't be upset"  I whispered 
"Thanks for saying that. I was so worried you would hate me"  Selena said
"Why would I hate you? My daughter adores you and you adore her. It was a freak accident. I know this because I see how protective you are of her, you wouldn't let anything happen to her"  I said
"No I wouldn't"  Selena blubbered
"I love you Selly"  I said 
"I love you to Dem. I hope you aren't mad but I called Niall he's coming here"  Selena said
"I know, Nick and I saw him in the elevator. Why would I be mad at that?"  I asked
"Honestly, I have no idea."  Selena said

Once she calmed down I opened the door and the boys came in. Niall rushed over to Selena and gave her the biggest hug ever. 

About two hours later, Katie was finally rolled back into the room. Altough she was still completly out of it, her facial expression showed little pain and she looked peaceful. 

I pulled out my phone and took a picture of her and then tweeted it.

@ddlovato - @kdlovato, my babygirl just got out of surgery to repair her torn ACL and MCL. She looks so peaceful right now. Praying for a speedy recovery for her

Not even 30 seconds after I tweeted it, my phone soon came to life with retweets and replies. I soon decided shut my phone off because it wouldn't stop vibrating. It wasn't until 9:30 that Katie started to come to and wake up. She kept blinking her eyes really fast, slowly adjusting to the light. Nick, Selena, Niall and I walked over to her. Nick and I each grabbed one of her hands while Selena gentally removed the hair from her face and put her hand on her shoulder and Niall just stood by her feet.

I smiled down upon my beautiful daughter and she finally became adjusted to light. Her knee was lightly wrapped up once more so you couldn't see the scars that the surgery cause. 

Katie smiled up at the three of us and shot a smirk to Niall who still stood by her feet and tried to move herself into a more comfortable position but Nick stopped her and told her to let him do it. Nick helped her lean forward into me while Nick gentally slid her up, she squeezed my hand and grimiced a little in pain but laid back and had no pain evident on her face. 

Katie's POV

I won't lie, the lights in my hospital room burned my eyes when I first came to and woke up. Slowly I was able to adjust to the light. While I was getting adjusted I felt two people grab my hands and one person remove the hair that was in my face then lay their hand on my shoulder. When I was finally adjusted to the light, I saw Demi smiling at me. I smiled up at Demi, Nick and Selena and sent Niall a smirk when I saw him standing at the foot of my hospital bed. 

The had me in a super uncomfortable position after my surgery so I tried to get into a more comfortable one but Nick stopped me and told me he would do it. Nick helped me get into a more comfortable position. I grimiced in pain and squeezed Demi's hand. It hurt like a bitch, my knee was wrapped up lighty post surgery to prevent me from moving it. 

About 15 minutes after I woke up, the surgon and a doctor came to check up on me. They mainly talked to Demi about how the surgery went, to be honest I lost interest in that converstation after the surgon said that the surgery was a success. After they left the room was a litle to quite for my likeing

"I'm hungry"  I said

For some reason this caused everyone to laugh because thats excatly what they did was laugh. Niall said something along the lines that I was becoming the female version of him. Which may be true, I haven't cut in so long and I can handling eatting medium sized meals...but I still tend to freak out at larger meals but its baby steps as my Grandma Dianna told my mom when she got out of rehab. But I eat alot of small meals throughout the day...I don't think I stop eatting throughout the day. 

Demi asked Niall and Selena to go get me something to eat, they gladly went. Nick was sitting next to my bed while Demi on the other hand moved me other gentally and laid on my bed cuddling with me. Soon Niall and Selena came back with my food, I know Demi asked them to get me some food but I don't recall her asking them to bring back a feast which is exactly what they did. 

Nick wheeled the table tray over to my bed and sat that down while Demi went and grabbed me a cup of water. Selena gave me, my portion of this feast. Niall in turn helped me prop up my bed so I wasn't exactly laying like how I was but so I was sitting up a little more. 

I was given a few steak taco's, a salad, some fruit and a jello cup. Nick burst out laughing after glancing at my face. I guess I was hungier then I thought because 30 minutes after the food was laid out in front of me, it was gone. 

Aunt Selena and Uncle Niall soon said their goodbyes and kissed my forehead and told me that they would be back to visit me in the morning. By this point it was already 10:30 pm and I was starting to get tired again. I think that Nick noticed this because he told me to get some shut eye as he went over to the couch to wake up my mom. As my eyes slid closed I felt her kiss my forehead and tuck me into the blanket that was laid over me. Nick also kissed my forehead and told me they would be back tomorrow. They both then left.

Demi's POV

The surgery was a success and that was the happiest thing I could ever hear in my entire life. On the way home I turned my phone back on, once it was turned back on it took my phone about 5 minutes to stop vibrating with all my notifications and incoming text messages. I decided to check my texts first and I got at least 20 text messages each from my mom, dad and sisters. Each text pertained to Katie and asking what happened. I decided to call my mom and let them know everything. 

"Hello"   my Mom said ask she picked up her phone
"Hey Mom, before you ask, yes Katie is fine. She spent the night with Selena because Nick took me out on a date and they were playing basketball earlier today and something happened where Katie felt a sharp pain in her right knee and fell to the ground. She had the surgery and shes fine"  I said
"Oh my god? What hopital is she is? We want to see her tomorrow!"  My mom rushed out

I silently chuckled 

"She is L.A County Hospital"  I said
"What room?" My mom asked
"Private floor 8 room 20"   I said to my mom

My mom giggled a little at the numbering just as I had when I intaitional found out her room number

"Why are you giggling mom?"  I asked
"The room number Demi..its your birthday"  My mom said in a serious tone
"Wait did you say Nick took you on a date"  My mom asked

At that moment I forgot that I haven't told my family that Nick and I are dating yet..

"Uh...Yea...Surprise. I'm dating Nick"  I said
"Finally!! I knew it would happen eventually"  My mom said
"I have to go Mom, Bye love you"  I rushed out

I hung up the phone before my mom could say anything else about me and Nick dating. Nick looked at me.

"Forgot to tell them?"  Nick asked me
"Psh No"  I said
"Mhm"  Nick hummed out
"Fine, you win. yes I forgot to tell them. Apperently my mom knew it would happen eventually"  I said
"Haha I knew it. My mom said the exact same thing- that you and I would date eventually"  Nick said

I busted out laughing at this. We arrived to my house and went straight to bed. Nick played big spoong while I played little spoon. That night I had a hard time falling asleep known that Katie wasn't sleeping in her bed here. Around 3am I rolled over and laid my head on Nick's chest not expecting him to be awake. 

"Can't sleep either babe"  Nick spoke up
"Nope. I can't sleep knowing shes in the hospital and we are here"  I said
'"Same here babe. Try and sleep at least a little bit, we will see her again in a few hours"  Nick said

No matter what I did I couldn't sleep at all throughout the night. I guess I fell asleep for a little bit due to exaushtion because next thing I know Nick is shaking me awake and its almost 8am. I slowly got out of bed and changed into fresh clothes, then went downstairs to eat some food before we left again. I noticed that Nick was wearing fresh clothes as well which means he went to his apartment and got some new clothes. 

I ran upstairs and grabbed my phone and we left the house and drove to the hospital. I sent Selena a quick text.

To Sel
Can you bring Katie's overnight bag and her phone? 

Minutes later I recived my answer

From Sel
Already ahead of you Dem. About 2 minutes from the hospital now.

Quickly I sent her a reply

To Sel
Thanks girl

Within a few minutes after I sent my reply, Nick and I arrived at the hospital and went up to Katies room. A few doors down from her room you could hear her infectious laugh that always managed to bring a smile onto my face. When we entered the room we saw Katie, Niall, Selena, Maddie and Dallas playing catch with a foam football with a movie playing in the backround. I noticed my mom and dad sitting in the corner of the room watching the four goof off.

Katie was laying in her bed with the other four goofballs spread out around her bed and keeping her ammused. Watching people interact with one another is was always my favorite thing to do, I mean you could learn so much about someone when you watch them closly enough. 

Katie's POV

When I woke up in the hospital, I came face to face with Maddie and Aunt Dallas staring at me. I let out a scream which caused them to laugh their asses off. My Grandma Dianna walked in to my room along with Grandpa Eddie and they both made their way to my bed to greet me. 

Grandma Dianna scolded me a little bit for giving her a near heart attack once she heard what happened to me. But she was happy that I was okay overall. Her and Grandpa went and sat in a corner of my room on a couch, while Niall and Selena came in my room with 2 big bags of stuff. One bag I reconized as the overnight bag I took to Selena's house but the other bags contents were a mystery to me. 

"We figured you might get super bored really fast so we brought you some stuff"  Niall said to me while holding up the second bag
"Thanks guys"  I said to him and Selena
"No problem, we brought you everything from balls to movies to puzzles and books"  Selena said
"Oh lord, I won't be here that long haha"  I said
"Yea but tour bus life can get boring when your injured"  Niall said
"I'll take your word for it, but is that a foam football I see"  I asked
"Yea..."  Selena said
"Gimme, lets play catch"  I said with the excitment of a five year old

That, my friends is how we got a five way game of catch going. After about 10 minutes of playing catch I saw Demi and Nick appear in the doorway of my room, Demi was watching us with a big smile on her face while Nick's gaze was sent straight to a wall. I followed in a little further and he didn't seem to want to make eye contact with Grandpa Eddie but reluctantly he did. Once he did however, I saw him turn as white as a ghost. Well if that cat wasn't out of the bag about them dating then it is now, because Nick looked scared for his life.

Grandpa Eddie was just being a protective father of Demi, me on the other hand, I was laughing my ass of internally, well I thought I was. I realized I wasn't when everyone fell silent and their gazes fell upon me.

"Whatcha laughing at babygirl?"  Demi asked me
"However how scared Nick looks right now"   I said inbetween laughs
"What? I'm not scared"  Nick said trying to sound all macho
"Sure you aren't Nick. The fact that you paled when you met Grandpa Eddie's eyes and the fact that you are trying to sound all ma---"  
"Thank you Katie, for so kindly pointing that out"  Nick said

Everyone brust out laughing. 

"Nick can I speak to you out in the hall?"  Grandpa Eddie suddenly spoke up
"Yes sir"  Nick said

When the door closed we once again brust into laughter. Demi finally came closer to give me a hug, the closer she came the more evident it was that she did not have a good night of sleep. Demi hugged me, when she went to pulled away I just held on tighter.

Demi got the message and laid next to me on my bed. Truth me told I didn't get a good night of sleep either. As soon as Demi's head hit the pillow, she curled up against me and her eyes slid closed. Everyone let out an "Awh"  and fell silent, they all pulled chairs up around me as we turned to watch a new movie. 

Not long into the new movie Nick and my Grandpa Eddie walked back in. I smirked at Nick to which he rolled his eyes at me, Grandpa Eddie on the other hand returned my smirk. The both of them pulled chairs up and watched the movie to.

Nick's POV

Katie was 100% right when she pointed out how scared I was, esspecially after how badly Joe fucked up with dating Demi. I wanted to prove that we, Joe and I were two different people and I won't make the same mistakes.

Honestly, I thought Demi had told her family. I guess it just slipped her mind, which I understand. She would have told them eventually. When Eddie asked to speak to me outside, I became more nervous and scared if that was even possible. I followed him into the hall and mentally prepped myself.

"Nick, I like you, I really do. I know you and Joe aren't the same people. But you hurt Demi or Katie and your ass is mine"  Was the first thing Eddie said to me 
"No sir. I don't have plans to hurt Demi or Katie at all. I love Demi with all my heart and have since I frist laid my eyes on her. I love Katie like she were my own flesh and blood"  I said to Eddi
"Good thats what I like to hear"  Eddie said
"Nick...why were you ever scared?"  Eddie asked me after a few minutes of silence
"Well..I saw how Joe mistreated his relationship with Demi and you always knew me as Demi's best friend. I don't want to betray your trust in me"  I said
"Nick, calm the hell down. I'm happy you and Demi are dating, Dianna and I knew it would happen in the near future. I knew it by the way you guys look at eachother everytime you are with one another. But remember what I said, you hurt either one of them then your ass is mine"  was all he said. Eddie wore a grin on his face which made me relax

After a few minutes of this we went back inside were Katie shot me a smirk, I just rolled my eyes. I saw her smirk at Eddie and him smirk back at her. 

Demi's POV

I guess I nodded off laying next to Katie because I woke up to my mom shaking me awake, telling me that they were leaving and would be back either later or tomorrow. I looked over at Katie who was fast asleep with unfinished food on the table tray thing, Nick was laying fast sleep on one couch while Selena had her lap in Nialls lap sleeping soundly. Niall on the other hand was leaning against his arm and playing with Selena's hair and lightly sleeping. 

I will always ship Siall ten times more then I ever shipped Jelena. But I always supported Selena in her choices, as long as she was happy that was all I cared for. I wanted to break Justin's neck when he cheated on her though..a heartbroken Selena, who sat on my couch was the only thing that stopped me in that moment. 

Everyone looked so cute sleeping. I looked over to the chair next to me and saw that there was a salad and some fruit sitting there for me. Silently I thanked whoever bought me this food. 

Slowly and silently I slipped out of Katie's bed and started to eat my food. Once I finished, I just stared at Katie and then shifted my gaze over to Nick then on to Selena and lastly on to Niall. How could I have been this blessed? I have an amazingly beautiful daughter who I love with all my heart, my boyfriend is my best friend and knows me better then I know myself at points, my best friend since our Barney days was still one of my best friends and her boyfriend was a close friend to me. The room literally contained four people that I would literally die for because they mean the world to me. 

Slowly one by one they all woke up, Katie was first the fully wake up. She kinda jolted up and had a pain written in her face. 

"Katie? Do you want me to her a nurse?"  I asked
"No, I am fine"  Katie responed
"That's a lie and you and I both know that. I'm getting a nurse"  I said sternly
"Fine"  Katie muttered out

I left the room and found a nurse, who I asked to follow me back into Katie's room because she was in pain. When we came back into the room, the nurse went over to Katie's bed and checked everything out. 

"Her knee seems to be perfectly fine, but she does need to start working it out soon. It will take time but we can't let her be checked out unless we see her working it, even if its just limping down the hall with assistance. Plus she has to get moving because fluid can build up in her lungs and make her extremely sick."  The Nurse said
"Alright. Thank you!...Wait for her to work it out, can we get a pair of crutches or a walker?  So she won't be putting all her pressure on the knee"  I asked
"Of Course, I will have someone bring up both"  The Nurse said
"Great, Thank you once again"  I said

I turned to Katie and looked at her, it hasn't even been a full day since the surgery but she already has to start the process to working out her knee. I could tell that she was bored already as well. I couldn't help but to feel bad that she was going through this alone.

"Did you hear that kiddo?" I asked her
"Yea I heard, it even been a full day since my surgery and they already want me to start walking on it" Katie said
"It's only to prevent fluid from building up in your lungs babygirl"  I said
"Yea, yea whatever"  Katie said
"Katie! Listen to me, I know this sucks. I know how badly they suck to use! Drop the 'tude about using them because been there and done that and been there again. They are here for your benefit."  I said with my forcefull motherly tone

I know she didn't trust her knee at the moment. I mean, I wouldn't trust it either if I just had sergery to repair my knee. 

Soon everyone was wake and moving, not long after everyone woke up a hospital worker dropped off a set of crutchs and a walker for Katie. When she saw them, she didn't even try to hide the look of disgust on her face. 

Niall apperently saw the look on her face because he looked at her and started to talk. 

Katie's POV

I made no effort to hide the disgust on my face when I saw the hospital worker bring me the crutchs and walker. I'm guessing Niall saw this to because he started to talk to me about them.

"Katie, they suck ---"  Uncle Niall was saying
"Would you guys quit telling me how much they suck to use!?"  I exclaimed
"Katie if you would rather not play sports or dance again then fine don't use them, it won't bother me nor will it bother your mom, Nick or Aunt Selena. But remember that in order to do those things again then you have to start out with using those" Uncle Niall exclaimed pointing at the crutches
"Katie, He's right. It won't bother me as much as it will bother you. All it takes is babysteps and those crutches are your babysteps. You don't even have to put any weight on your right let right now, but you do have to get up and move around"  Demi said
"Fine! If it will get you guys to shut up, then give them here"  I said

Demi handed me the crutchs while Nick and Niall helped me get to the edge of the hospital bed, all four of them failed at hiding their "We Win" smirk. They were silently gloating, I could see it in their eyes. Slowly I stuck the crutches underneath my arms and slid off of my bed and onto them. 

"I'm hungry, lets go to the food court."  I said

Niall nodded in agreement while everyone just laughed and said lets go. It took me some time to get used to the crutchs, with swinging foreward on them and them practically being an extention to my body. 
After about 15 minutes, we finally got to the food court. Within that time frame, I started to hate these more then I had orginally planned to, they hurt my armpits and they suck to use. 

"Mom, can you just get me whatever? I'm going to sit down, these things suck"  I asked
"Sure babygirl"  She said

Nick and Uncle Niall were the first to come back with their food and almost 30 minutes after Nick and Uncle Niall came back, Aunt Selena and Demi came back. Finally, I thought they got lost over there. Demi placed my food in front of me, and we all dug in. Man was I starving. 

After we ate, we went on a walk around the hospital campus so I could get some fresh air. We walked around for almost 45 minutes before I had to go back inside, per mom's orders. I really hate being in the hospital. We soon got back into my room and not long after I sat back in my bed, my doctor came to check up on me.

"Katie, you will be meeting with our hospital physical therapist so you can learn some exersices. You will be able to go home in about three days and will have to start Physical Therapy soom after that"  My doctor said
"Alright, thanks doc"  I said to him

Man another three days in the hospital? Murder me now please, I beg of you becasue if you don't then I will die of boredom. The end of visiting hours were fast approaching and that means my family will have to go home without me. 

Before my mom left she plugged in my charger and gave it to me. After that everyone came and gave me a hug and kissed either my cheeks or my forehead, then they all left me.

In turn I extended my table and placed the movie Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon in my disc drive and started to watch it. Not long into the movie I got a text message from an unknown number.

From Unknown 
Hey Katie!!!!!!...Its Luke Hemmings from 5SOS. Do you remember me? We met at your birthday party. Anyways Niall told me what happened with your knee and all, I was wondering how you were doing? I'm heading back into the states to meet back up with Niall again since we start the tour back up in a few days.

LUKE FREAKING HEMMINGS JUST TEXTED ME!!!! QUE THE FAN GIRL DANCE (Or well Wiggle, in my case). Once I calmed down, I saved his number and replied to him

To Penguin Luke
Hey Luke!!!! Yes I remember you! I'm a huge fan of you and the rest of 5SOS! Thanks for coming to my birthday by the way, it meant alot to me. And yea I ended up tearing my ACL in my right knee along with partically tearing my MCL. I'm stuck in the hospital for the next few days recovering from my surgery. 

Not long after I sent that did he reply again.

From Penguin Luke
Awh, that sucks. What hospital are you in? The rest of the 5SOS boys and I are actually flying in to LA tomorrow. Would it be okay if I came to visit you, along with the rest of the 5SOS boys? And thanks for being a fan, you rule! XD

To Penguin Luke
I am staying in LA County Hospital. Private Room 820. You don't have to ask haha but I would love it if you guys came to visit me. Just text me when you guys land. I can't wait now haha XD

From Penguin Luke
Alright! I'm excited to come visit you! You should get some sleep now Katie! I'll text you before we take off and when we land. Bye!!

To Penguin Luke
Alright! Goodnight Luke!

With that I let my eye lids slid closed. The next morning came to quickly for my liking, I mean who the hell likes mornings? My morning got instantly better when I saw that I had a text from Luke telling that they took off and should be here around 2pm, I can't wait. 

Demi and Nick soon came into my room as well as Selena and Niall. 

"I can't stay all day babygirl, but I will be back before visiting hours are over. Last minute tour things to take care of"  Demi said
"That fine mom"  I said
"I'm leaving with her because Selena and I are finishing up interviewing your physical therapit along with a home schooling teacher"  Nick said
"Alright....wait did you say homeschooling teacher?"  I asked
"Yes I did"  Nick said
"Can't we just get Aunt Dallas to come and teach me on tour? I mean I already know her and like her and she's a got the license"  I asked

Nick turned to Demi who seemed to like it and agreed with me.

"I will ask Dallas then"  Demi said to me
"YES!!"  I said
"I will be with you until about 2pm. I have to go to talk to Simon about the rest of this tour"  Niall said
"Alright coolness"  I said

The five of us spent the morning together until Demi, Nick and Aunt Selena had to leave then it was just me and Uncle Niall leftover. Soon 2pm rolled around and Niall left me as well. Before he left we played catch and he got me to walk around the hallway on the crutches for a bit and then we watched TV and ate together. 

Not long after he left, my phone vibrated with a text from Luke.

From Penguin Luke
Just landed and got our bags loaded into the car. About to be heading on our way to the hospital to see you guys

To Penguin Luke
Alright! I'll be here...chilling. Not like I can do anything else.

They arrived about an hour after I sent them that text message and we just chilled. We played so catch and Luke also got me to walk around with the crutches out in the hall way. When we came back, we found Calum, Mike, and Ashton were asleep all over the room. 

Luke helped me get back into my bed and sat next to me. Soon my physical therapist came and show me some stuff to help me make my knee stronger again. She even got me to bend my knee a little bit with out feeling to much pain.

Luke and I played a game to get to know eachother better. He discovered that he was my favorite person in the bands and was super shocked for some reason. Soon thought they had to leave because they were spending time with Niall and staying at his apartment that he owned in the states. 

The boys were super chill and alot of fun to talk to and hang out with. Not long after they left Nick and Demi came back to spend a few hours with me before vistation hours were over. Nick told me that they found a physical theapist that I would love and Demi told me that my Aunt Dallas agreed to come and home school me on tour. They left when they noticed I was starting to fall asleep. 

The next day was a major pain in my ass. Having for my family, Uncle Niall and the One Direction lads as well as the 5SOS lads who all came to visit me was probably the only good thing. My physical thearpist from the hospital was extremely annoying and getting on my last nerve.

"Come on Katie, you can bend it further." "Come on Katie put some pressure on it"  She said.

I mimicked every word she said when she wasn't looking at me. Everyone thought this was slightly ammusing but no one dared to laugh aloud. Demi actually had to leave the room before she lost her composure, once Demi left, my physical therapist started to look Nick up and down with hungry eyes. Nick looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Hey Nick, can you go get me some water?"  I kindly asked
"Sure thing Katie" Nick said with a greatful look on his face

Soon he came back in with my water and holding Demi's hand. When the physical therapist looked at Nick, he gave Demi a peck on the lips. I dont think my physical therapist liked that very much because she made put me through more pain and exercises. After she was done murdering me....oops I mean torturing me, I stayed in my bed and did not want to move an inch. My knee was killing me at this point and I was in a bad mood, I think everyone sensed this because they soon started to all leave. The only ones who stuck behind were Demi and Nick.

"You're making progress"  Demi said to me
"I may be making progres but I want to wrap my hands around her throat and strangle her"  I said

This cause Demi and Nick to bust out laughing, soon I gave up and broke my composer, joining them in laughter. 

"I wouldn't stop you, the way she was looking at me....*gag*" Nick said

Demi once again brust out laughing. 

"I agree with Nick..I wouldn't mind it if you did that"  Demi said

They soon left. Luke and I had been texting ever since they left this afternoon. I really like Luke, he's a big goofball and he's really sweet. They had two more days before they left the LA area with the One Direction lads and went out to tour again. 

When I woke up the following morning, and was tutured once more by the lovely physical therapist that has the hots for Nick. This fake thinks that she has a chance to get with Nick but in all reality she doesn't. Nick and Demi went public with their relationship about 3 weeks after they started to date, and the twitterverse went insane with the Nemi hastags, they were pretty amazing to read. After she pretty much made me scream in pain for an hour, I got some food and went back to sleep. When I woke up again I  saw that Demi was signing some papers and Nick was packing up my bags. Demi had brought a fresh set of clothes for me to change into. It wasn't until I turned to look at the time did I realize how late it was now. It was now 12pm, I went back to sleep at 9am. Nick took my bags out to the car that was waiting for us.

Soon I was able to leave. I used my crutches and got to the main enterance doors and saw Nick and Max waiting there for us. Nick walked over to me and picked me up, while Demi took my crutches and walked out to the car with us. Max was doing his best to keep the crowd for swarming around us. Soon we were in the car and we drove home.

Over the past few days I was tweeting alot. I gained followers as well as mentions and shout outs. Demi kept the Lovatics informed about how my healing was going. Everyone was tweeting me their wishes and prays. I love my moms' Lovatics.

The drive home was pretty painful due to me not being comfortable with my knee and all. Max helped Nick with my bags while Demi helped me into the house and over to the couch which would be my bed for the next few days seeing as I didn't want to attempt the stairs just yet. As I sat down Demi and Nick both started to talk to me at the same time.

"Woah..Guys I may have two ears but I can only hear one of you at a time. So one person talk"  I commanded

"Your Aunt Dallas has agreed to be your home schooling teacher during tour"  Demi said
"HELL YES"  I shouted
"Your physical therapists was recommended to us by your Uncle Niall. Its a young woman and a young man. I think you will like them both alot"  Nick said to me
"Alright cool. Are you coming with us Nick?"  I asked
"I will be joing you guys after October 25th, I have press work and a mini tour with my album"  Nick said
"When do we leave mom?" I asked
"We leave in 3 days, but since Nick leaves tomorrow as well as One Direction and 5SOS we will be spending the day with them but in two days you and I really have to pack"  Demi said

We order out some chinese and just sat there and ate it. Both Nick and Demi were too lazy to cook anything, which to be honest I am extremely happy about because they aren't the best of cooks...they are decent, they haven't burned food in a while but I don't trust it. 

Demi and Nick both started to sing Avalanche which is the song that they recorded together. Let me tell you its amazing!! We can't wait for you guys to hear it. After they were done singing, Nick and Demi both left the room only to return minutes later with an arm full of pillows and blankets. They had both changed into a set of pajamas. Demi had my own within the pile of pillows she was carrying. 

"Uh...whats going on"  I asked
"What? Did you think that you would be sleeping down here all alone?"  Demi and Nick asked in unison
"Kinda"  I said in confusion
"Wellllll you thought wrong babygirl"  Demi said
"WE ARE GONNA GET ALL WILD AND HAVE A SLUMBER PARTY"  Demi shouted

Nick started to laugh his ass off at Demi's wording and I laid there ammused as to how my mother was 22...but I love her so its all cool, I love it when she acts this way. It makes me smile.

"Well can you guys at least leave so I can change?"  I asked
Nick was the only one that left...Demi insisted in helping me change. I was injured but not paralyzed. But oh well, I let her help me change.

We ended up playing games and watching movies until one by one we fell asleep. I was so happy to be home. 

The next morning I woke up to not only Demi and Nick staring at me but also to the One Direction boys and 5SOS boys as well as Aunt Selena,  Maddie and Bea Miller. 

"WHAT IS UP WITH ME WAKING UP WITH PEOPLE STAREING AT ME?!?! I AM NOT THAT INTERESTING"  I yelled out trying to be all serious which I failed at, when everyone started to laugh at me and I gave up the serious facial expression and joined them in laughter. 

'Hi I'm Beatrice...but call me that and I will hit you. Everyone calls me Bea"   Bea said while sticking her hand out

"Haha I know who are you Bea, I watched you on X-Factor not to mention voted for you like every single time"  I said

"I like you. I really like you haha. Thanks for the votes by the way, it means alot"   Bea said

"So...Why is everyone all at our house mom?"  I asked
"Cause this was the meeting point...I thought I told you"  My mom said
"Uh...No.."  I said with confusion still lacing my voice
"Um..Nick can you carry me up to my room..and mom can you help me shower and change"  I asked
"Sure thing"  Nick and Demi replied at the same exact time

Demi helped me sit up and get onto Nick's back and he carried me up the stairs and deposited me in my room. Waiting quitly outside the door and while Demi helped me into the bathtub before she helped take my knee brace off and unwrap my knee, then she helped me shower. I still couldn't stand on my own so it was more of a bath instead of a shower. But that was soon over and then she helped me dry off and change. After changing, Demi brushed my hair and blow dried it slightly then helped me wrap my knee up once more and put my brace on. 

Today was the first time I truly saw my knee post surgery. My right knee has four little darts on the sides of it were the scars will be at. Thats were they made the incessions to fix my ACL and MCL.

"Nick, you can come in now"  Demi said

Seconds later Nick was in my bedroom and we were repeating the process. Demi helped me get on his back and Nick then carried downstairs to were out party began. 

We ended up going to Disney Land, apperently Nick decided to call a few days ago and told them that we were all coming so they practically shut the park down. Only 200 additional people were there besides us. It was a little challenging getting around the park with crutches and I got tired really fast with using them, we eventually asked to have them put behind the main office desk. Everyone wanted to carry me around the park for the rest of the day, I had a boat load of fun with that. 

I got to know the One Direction boys as well as the 5SOS boys alot better then I already did. They were all extremely goofy. At one point Harry flung me over his shoulder and marched around the park with me like that...my ass all up in the air. Everyone got a kick out of that one. Luke carried me after that and kept galloping around like a horse. Louis made me sit on his soulder and he carried me around like that. We rode all of the rides numoerses times. I also ended up getting a wheelchair towards the evening because I just wanted to sit, however nobody wanted me to push myself...they all did it for me.

Eventually we all had to go home and them out seperate ways. Maddie helped me up to my room and helped me get dressed. Nick and Demi were sucking eachothers faces off outside. I guess Maddie and Bea were sleeping over tonight. I slept in my own bed that night with Maddie while Bea took the top bunk. We were all extremely tired so we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

Maddie ended up waking me up telling me that her and Bea were going to help me pack. After about 2 hours of packing...we had 3 bags of clothes packed as well as all my electronics and chargers. Demi was going frantic all day packing up her stuff. I managed to talk Demi is allowing me to bring four video game systems on tour with me along with all my game brinders. I chose to bring my PS3 and PS4, Xbox360 and Xbox One..I also packed up my Nintendo 3DDS and its games. 

We took a trip to the tour bus and loaded all our bags into the bus and chose our beds. Maddie would be coming along with a good portion of the tour. Demi was talking with Hollywood Records trying to get Bea to be an opening singer for a few tour dates. But Bea is coming with us for the first two shows before she goes back home. Demi got a little room all the way in the back on the bus and told me that I was more then welcome to sleep there with her. But in all honesty I wanted to sleep in the bunks because I wanted to experience that. Maddie warned me to sleep on a bunk closer to the ground until I got the hang of sleeping on them esspically with how my knee is. After all this, Demi, Maddie, Bea and I went back to our house and made sure we packed everything up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO MY LOVELY READERS!!! So this will probably be my last super long update for a while, I will be updating but they will probably be smaller because next week I have my first set of mid terms and I have been pretty busy with class work. But I am loving college...its been so much fun. 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and that I didn't overwelm you guys with all the stuff that went down. I honestly can not wait to start writing about tour life, mind you...it will be all made up. 

Oh, Thank you to getting me and this fanfic to 16,633 reads, that means so much you guys!!! I love you all. 

I am also currently writing another Demi Fanfic called Deafening Silence I would much appreciate if you guys checked it out. I have been lacking in writing it a little bit but I will be writing a new chapter in a few minutes. Comment on it and tell me all about what you guys think, be candid and honest please. 

Stay Strong everyone, if you need someone to talk to..message me and I will listen to you, and try to help you out. I will be the shoulder you all need to lean on.

Onward. Keep on Reading, Voting and Commenting. Once again I love you all. 

~Rys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote of the chapter. 

Be Strong, because things will get better. It may be stormy now but it never rains for ever ~Unknown.

My challenge for you all

Don't let the storm knock you down. I promise you that it will get better..maybe not tomorrow or next week but I promise it will get better. Show your storm what you are made of. Over come your limits! You can do it!! I believe in you. Like the quote said it can't rain forever and when that storm is over..you will have a beautiful rainbow to look at.