Ch18~ Old Habits Die Hard

Katie's POV

Currently I am in my room laying on my top bunk because I have nothing better to do but get lost in my own thoughts.

Let me ask you this one question...ever hear of the saying "Old habits die hard" or "Old habits are hard to kill" ? Well let me tell you those sayings are so damn true! It is so damn hard to kill the demons in my head, just when I thought I was free of them, they just laugh and pull me back in. Which ever asshole said recovery is easy...I call bullshit on them, cause it's not, it's actually pretty fucking hard.

Before I got deathly sick and was unable to keep any food that I had tried to eat down, the voices in my head came back. Since then they are becoming harder and harder to shut those little ass holes up. I purge most of the meals that I eat, only keeping one meal down a day. I started to cut again to release the pain from hearing the voices and to try and make them be quiet again. It's like the won a battle in my mind and take control whenever they want, and NO before you all ask, I don't have any plans on telling Demi any of this. Since its summer all my cuts are on my hips, Demi would notice even faster if I was wearing a hoodie in 90° weather no matter what state we are in, cause that's just insanity.

Suddenly I get pulled from my thought by Demi's voice.

"Katie, come downstairs, we need to have us a little chat." She yelled up.

Shit, Shit, Shit....she knows. How the fuck does she know already.... Ugh!

" Coming" was all I replied with...I was to paniced about if she knew or not 

I climb down the latter at the side of my bed, passing by the full lengh mirror in my room, not happy with what I saw...then again when am I ever, leave my bed going downstairs to have this "little chat" with Demi.

Demi's POV

I walked passed Katie's bedroom, to which the door was closed. I am so worried about her, I don't want her to turn into the person I used to be. I don't want her life to revolve around drugs, starving herself, or self harm. I decended the stairs and walked into the media room to try and get my mind off of Katie and a possible relapse, only to start pacing from the worry of my upcoming chat with my daughter.

No matter what I did, I could not get my mind of off the this chat.  Finally I walked over to the base of the stairs yelling up to her. 

"Katie, come downstairs, we need to have us a little chat."  I yelled up

"Coming"  was I got as a reply

I walked back over to the media room only to have Katie walk up to the doorway and come to a dead stop. 

"Sit" I instruct her...she dropped into criss cross applesause on the floor right where she was standing.

"Har Har Har don't be a smartass" I tell her

"Come here and sit" I say as patting the seat next to me on the couch. I watch her face as panic flashes onto it but disappering just as fast as it appered.

Katie quietly got up and sat next to me

"Do you have anything you would like to tell me?" I question her

"Nope, nothing mom" is all Katie replies with

"Really? Because I noticed some things, that we need to talk about" I told her

"Really? Like what momma" Katie said

"Like how you sat there at breakfast, playing with your fruit. Barely eatting your food." I told her