Week 40

Week 40

You sighed as you poured yourself a warm cup of tea. Your eyes were closed as you sipped on the beverage, the warmth not filling your cold chest as you had hoped. From beside you, someone gently placed their hand onto your shoulder.

You turned to face one of your former students. Juba's eyes were full of concern and she frowned with those pink lips of hers. Her long blonde hair was tied into a bun and she wore her hero costume.

"Is everything okay, sensei?" She asked you, always the conscious person.

You nodded slowly. "Yes, it's fine. Katsuko and I just had a little tiff this morning. Plus with my due date so close... I've been feeling a little drained and exhausted."

Juba frowned. "Oh no... is everything going to be okay?"

You laughed and nodded. "It should be. She was upset that she couldn't come to today's Saturday lesson, but her grandparents wanted to take her to a puppet fashion show. So, she was a bit upset with me. As for me, I'm taking it easy and trying to not overexert myself."

"She certainly has her father's stubbornness." Juba giggled. "And I'd be glad to help you in any way today, sensei!"

"Thank you, Juba." You nodded. "As for Katsuko's stubbornness, she gained my stubbornness as well. After all, no one except someone just as stubborn as Katsuki could live and love him as I do."

Juba shook her head and then motioned to the lesson plans for today's rare Saturday exercises. Your second-year students had the delight of having Juba join the class this year as your teaching assistant. It turns out the parasite-quirk user wanted to follow in your footsteps and thus insisted that she shadow you.

You were delighted to see her and have someone to be on the ground to run the exercise, as your due date was getting rather close. It was yesterday actually. So, the baby should be here in no time. But alas, unlike your first pregnancy, you were not taking time off until the little one had arrived.

Still, you were practical. So while you were still the headteacher and mentor to all twenty of your students, Juba was the one who was kicking their butts and delivering the reality checks to the more 'head in the clouds' students you had.

"A game of capture the flag today, then?" Juba changed the subject.

"I thought a fun and friendly game would be a nice change of pace than what it has been." You shrugged.

"Nice and friendly until it suddenly isn't." Juba chuckled. "Remember how my class was?"

You nodded. "How could I forget.... Onishi and Kameko would always try to beat the other up.

You smirked, looking to Juba. "However, your class has nothing on the trauma and Hell my class was put through."

Juba blinked and paled a little bit. "I can only imagine what it was like... Ground Zero, Deku, Shouto... and so many other tops heroes as teenagers. It must have felt like a warzone."

"We had some good times too... but most of the time we were all trying to not let Katsuki strangle Midoriya...? You sighed and then laughed. "My husband was the most angsty thing when he was younger. And yet, I ended up falling for his disaster of a self."

"True love is so mysterious!" Juba swooned and then jumped a little bit. "S-Sensei we should hurry! The students will be arriving any minute now!"

You nodded and followed her, leaving your finished mug behind. Juba and you left the teacher's lounge and made your way to Gym Gamma. Your students had already gathered from their dorm and were waiting.