Newborn

Ch.16 - Newborn

If there was anything you'd expect to never stop no matter the situation, baby or not... it was the strange relationship between your husband and his mother. And after a day or so of Mitsuki giving the pair of new parents some peace and allowing the doctors to run some tests over Katsuko to make sure she was a healthy and happy baby, the new grandmother descended on her son like the new spoil machine she was for her granddaughter.

"Come on, Katsuki! Let me hold her!" Mitsuki was keeping her voice fairly low, not wanting to startle the small girl.

Bakugou shielded his daughter, even more, Katsuko lightly cooing as her father's arms became more arched around the tiny body. The new father looking at his own mother with wide eyes, as if Mitsuki had just told the pair of you to not vaccinate Katsuko for some stupid reason. In reality, it seemed that Bakugou within two days had already decided his daughter was much too precious to be held by anyone aside from him and the baby's mother.

You sighed, going back to filling out the paperwork to get both yourself and your daughter out of the hospital. It had been a long couple of days, and you were looking forward to finally being able to get home and eat your husband's wonderful cooking once more.

The soft cries of the newborn immediately put you on high alert and your eyes met your husband's. Bakugou embarrassingly handed over Katsuko to you and you gently hushed the baby in your arms. Katsuko's scarlet eyes stopping with the teary display when she was back in the comforting embrace of her mother's arms.

It took a few minutes, but Katsuko was once again happy. Her moods as of late had been just like that: happy for a long time, then cry for a bit, showing her need for food, attention, or needing to be changed, and then eventually falling asleep after a few repetitions of the other two.

You sighed, looking towards the other three people in the room. Both Bakugou and Mitsuki having their arms open and looking to try to persuade you through some mental connection to hand the baby over to them. You sighed, walking over and handing little Katsuko over to her grandmother.

"It's about time you bonded a little with her." You spoke, Mitsuki's eyes lighting up as she held onto the baby for the first time.

"Fucking traitor..." Bakugou growled, earning a pinch to his cheek from you.

"Don't test me." You warned him.

Bakugou clicked his tongue. Masaru gently patting his son on the back as the door to the room opened. The familiar face of your doctor walking in, her feathered ears looking to be styled up today compared to their usual diagonal slant.

"Well isn't this a cute little get-together." She chuckled, walking towards Mitsuki and Katsuko. "Looks like you already have quite the following young lady."

You smiled gently, happy that things really had gone off as well as they had. Though, it might have been a premature statement, as your doctor's smile faded a moment later. She looked towards you and Bakugou, letting you both know she was here to do her job and not congratulate the pair of you on the birth of your daughter.

"Well... since she is early, I need to let you both know of the possible hazards in both her and your futures." Your doctor spoke.

"Hazards...?" You gulped nervously, feeling your husband's hand clasp into yours.

You had already been a nervous wreck... and he wanted to make sure you were aware he was right here next to you for whatever this news was. His chest-thumping slightly as he thought that someone terrible could be happening to his daughter who hadn't even seen the world outside of this hospital.