Seventeen Months

Ch.23 - Seventeen Months

"It seems she's switched which parent she's literally attached to, huh?" Uraraka commented, seeing how Katsuko had refused to let go of your hand since arriving at the park.

"Hiroki has always been a mama's boy though, huh?" You chuckled back, seeing the brown-haired boy happily sitting in his mother's lap.

Momo merely adjusted Yuuto on her lap, the little boy pointing to the playground with curious eyes.

"That's a slide. Do you want to go on, Yuuto?" Momo asked the white-haired boy.

The boy nodded eagerly, Katsuko and Hiroki now also intrigued by what this slide was, as well as the numerous other things around the park. The three of you moms standing to get ready to take your sweet little ones over to play when it seemed your husbands had better plans.

"Sit and relax, Ochaco." Midoriya spoke, lifting up his son. "Hiro and I can go on the slide, right?"

"Yes." Hiroki spoke, though he looked a bit unsure of being away from his mother.

Todoroki had less of an anxious child when separated from mom, as Yuuto willingly crawled over to his father who was waiting with open arms. The pair of quieter males sharing glances towards the playground.

You looked towards Katsuko, who looked curious and wanting to play as well. Her father standing behind her mother and looking ready to take her to play so her mother can relax a bit on the picnic blanket.

"Come on, Ko." Bakugou told her. "Let's go play."

"No!" Katsuko screamed, seeming to have started her 'terrible twos' phase early. "Want mama!"

Bakugou inhaled slowly, looking towards you. He certainly wasn't used to this. Up until recently, Katsuko would willingly run up to him and want to be his shadow. But now... all Katsuko wanted was to be near her mother.

Mitsuki had said that slight separation anxiety and fear of the unknown happened to kids around her age, but even so, Bakugou couldn't help but want to show his daughter all would be fine and he'd never let anything happen to her. But... he knew he couldn't just grab her and show her this... she needed to want to go along on her own accord.

Katsuko pulled at your hand eagerly, trying to get you up on your feet to play with her. But after having dealt with this all week at school, two things were clear in your mind. Firstly, once your third years were done... Katsuko would be starting daycare. She was getting too old to tag along to class every day and really needed to start socializing with kids her age soon as well. And secondly, it was time to slowly try to break her of this fearful and super glued attachment to you.

"Go with dad." You told her, nudging her gently towards your husband. "Mama is tired, and dad wants to play with you."

"But mama...you play." She whined, tears welling up in her baby doll eyes.

You stood your ground though, shaking your head. "Mama and Hiroki and Yuuto's mamas are going to make lunch. So go play and then you can eat with mama in a bit, okay?"

Katsuko seemed to think that was a good deal, reaching out and taking her father's hand. The pair walking off towards the slides where the two boys were already having a great time. You exhaled, so far so good... and no tantrum. If you got through today without one of those... it would be a success.

Katsuko... was definitely showing more of her stubborn traits as of late. From refusing baths and certain foods to not listening when asked to clean up her toys... she was testing her limits with you two. But for the most part... she was good because you and Bakugou had a united front on raising her.