Week 16

Ch.5 - Week 16

(AN- I'm seeing some people asking, so I thought I'd address it here. This book was written about 2 years before Bakugou's hero name was confirmed in the manga. Therefore, since this is an AU to begin with, I'll be keeping his hero name as Ground Zero. Thanks for understanding and I hope this clears some things up~ :D )

For once, he really didn't mind coming into work this Monday morning. The weekend had been long, and full of interactions he did not want to have but knew he needed to have. Time seemed to have been going faster than he realized, as now you had a tiny little baby bump visible. And thus before anyone could guess it with certainty, the last weekend had been spent with countless interactions with family members and friends who would want or needed to know according to you.

He wanted to get the worst of it over first, and thus, it was his parent's house on Friday night. You had left him in charge of breaking the news to his parents, something he was ready to fight you on, but the mood swings as of late had made your anger worse than his... and thus, he decided to save himself a possible petty argument and instead sucked up that large ego of his.

He, of course, didn't wait until the right moment, and as soon as his father had asked why the pair of you wanted to come over for dinner so out of the blue... he let the news drop from his lips without batting an eye.

Mitsuki had dropped the drinks in her hands. The glasses of wine shattering as soon as they hit the floor, but lucky her it was over the hardwood floor, so no stains at least. Bakugou waited with held breath to hear what his mother's reaction to this would be.

After all, his father was polite and would need a moment to collect himself before he congratulated the pair. Masaru had always been easy for Bakugou to read... but his mother was something else. But something in his gut told him that she would be not as polite as his father.

But Mitsuki's reaction was anything but what Bakugou had expected. Rather, Mitsuki had clapped her hands together, looked up towards the ceiling and looked to be muttering something to herself.

"WHAT FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" Bakugou roared, you and Masaru sighing at the usual volume.

"I'm thanking the Gods for continuing to bless me with these gifts." Mitsuki shot him a look. "You're damn lucky they not only had a girl fall for your sorry ass and marry you... but now she's pregnant with whatever demon you gave her."

"M-Mitsuki!" Masaru had jumped up at that point, seeing as he needed to play the negotiator once more. "How about we don't insult (Name) and Katsuki right after they tell us the news... especially since we both know how easily emotional you were during your pregnancy..."

Mitsuki seemed to let her small war with her son go, realizing she didn't want you to think she was unhappy about having a new addition to the family. And thus, after Masaru's words, the night went off without so much of a hitch.

Bakugou couldn't believe it... were his parents actually happy and accepting of this?

It seemed like it was...

This trend of him thinking people would not support him having a child was broken on Saturday afternoon as well. You had arranged for the pair of you to meet up at a local cafe and tell your father. Bakugou once more thinking of how he might be strangled.

Your father had always been a bit protective of you ever since your mother had left the picture. It took him a good year to even put any faith into your then-boyfriend, always thinking and wanting to prevent more abandonment issues that the ash-blonde might cause.