Eight Months

Ch.19 - Eight Months

The closing ceremony of the sports festival was filled with happy cheers of the audience as the winners of the second year were announced. The golden blonde haired Juba waving happily as she was presented with a metal from Hawks. Kasumi and Sadow clapping for their classmate, despite having aimed for the first position themselves. Even so... Juba was the best in class and had only managed to do so by all the hard work she did. Thus, she deserved the title of the winner a second year in a row.

You started to exit the stadium before anyone else. Sighing sadly as you thought back to last year. The year prior it was Juba and two of Momo's students on the podium. Afterward, the pair of you teachers had gone out for tea. But alas, Yuuto was only about two months old right now, thus Momo had her hands full with caring for the baby. Todoroki even taking time off to make sure this period was going by smoothly.

So for today... you were left without your old friend. Though, you were in no way alone. The baby tied to your chest thanks to the fabric wrap was happily calling out as the noise of the stadium grew louder. You couldn't help but question if it was normal for Katsuko to become so happy when there was so much noise. And then cry when it was quiet... she was a strange baby.

But a cute one... so it was all good.

Katsuko was aggressively grabbing at your shirt, making you pause and look at her. Her big scarlet eyes looking at you and her mumbling incoherent baby words when you gazed down on her. Her little wisps of ash blonde hair were getting longer by the day, and thus to keep the hair out of her face (and to prevent her from crying from accidentally pulling her own hair) you had put in an orange ribbon.

"Hungry?" You asked, seeing as it was nearly time for her to get some baby food.

Katsuko happily giggled as a response, seeming to find the button on your hero attire much more interesting than what her mother was saying. You shook your head, moving along towards the empty classroom where her baby things were.

You had an hour to feed her and prepare for your students coming back. The sports festival may be over... but you needed to warn them that come next week, it would start to be prep for their end of term exams.

Katsuko was content once more, babbling and chewing on one of her pacifier rings you had stuck into the baby wrap. Looks like you even got some weight training today thanks to the baby wrapped around your core.

Your footsteps were light, using your quirk a bit to levitate towards the classroom and thus burn off some mental energy. As you watched your daughter happily playing with whatever she could get her hands on.

"What happened? You are supposed to make something of yourself... and instead, you lose to some girl with fire hair?"

The voice caught your attention and you slowed down. While you were not one for eavesdropping... the tone being used, made your gut tighten in annoyance. It was an adult male speaking, and it was clear he was talking to a student.

And the student who had lost to Hotaru in the first round of the top sixteen was... Onishi.

"I can't use my quirk if my hands get hurt... and Hotaru knew that." Onishi muttered back, guilt laced in his voice.

"Well, maybe you should have inherited my quirk then." The man sounded angry, only to chuckle. "Though I can't blame you for not knowing how to use your feminine power... she went and died before you could even ask."

You turned the corner at that point. Something about the way the man was speaking making you upset. Maybe it was because you were a mother yourself, or because you wanted to protect your student. Or maybe because you didn't like the attitude this man was spewing.