Week 9

Week 9

The cold February air nipped at your nose. Snow covered much of the road, streets, and houses. A late season storm, but one that was welcome thanks to the rather dry season thus far. Flakes were still following as the day went on, making a certain two-year-old beg her parents to take her outside to play in the snow. And after much pleading and bundling up said two-year-old in plenty of winter clothing, your small family wandered outside for some winter fun.

You brushed your cold nose further into your scarf and looked down at the little girl who was holding onto one of your hands. Katsuko's other hand was held firmly in her father's hand. The three of you were out on an adventure to the park, despite the chilly weather and snow covered ground.

The shops you passed by were decorated with red hearts and pink words. They each spoke about Valentine's Day sales and the delectable chocolates they had this year. You and Katsuki did your best to get the two-year-old's attention away from the pictures of sweets. But every so often, she would see one and ask for what was depicted.

Poor Katsuko was still unaware of what day it was though, as Valentine's day had already passed a week ago. Thus, these shops were desperate to get rid of their extra stock. So, neither you or Katsuki were keen on buying week old chocolates for your daughter. Especially when she still had chocolates at home she exchanged with Hiroki and Yuuto last week.

March was right around the corner and when that passed Katsuko would be starting pre-school. You wondered how she got so old so quick. Two years flew by, as did these last two months since her little birthday gathering.

To think she soon will be an older sister.

You smiled lightly as the park came into view. Your daughter immediately let go of your and your husband's hands and ran off to the empty playground. She booked it towards the slide and bounced in front of it.

"Look what Kami show me!" Katsuko cried happily.

Both you and Bakugou watched as she suddenly jumped onto the bottom of the slide and started to run up the slide. You snorted out in disbelief as Bakugou's mouth dropped. Leave it to Kaminari to teach your small daughter the exact wrong way to enjoy a slide.

"He is never babysitting for us again... without earphones there to babysit him at least..." Bakugou seethed, ready to call out for Katsuko to be careful.

As if karma was waiting, before Bakugou could warn his daughter something occurred. By the time Katsuko got towards the top of the slide, it seemed she slipped on the snowy slide and fell down.

She fell into a pile of snow near the bottom and looked up at her parents. Her eyes were teary and she watched to see what to do next. You walked towards her and knelt down to her. She watched as you gently brushed the snow off her ash blonde locks and then took one of her snow hats out of your jacket pocket.

"Let's go up the slide the right way, okay Ko?" You spoke to her.

The tears disappeared from her eyes and she nodded happily. With a smile you pulled the hat down onto her head, pushing it playfully down over her eyes. Katsuko giggled and pulled the hat off her eyes but kept it on her head.

"I need to see to play, mama!" She cried and then ran off to go climb up the slide the right way.

You hummed, turning at the sound of a glove hitting snow. Katsuki was clearing the slide of snow, and even chipped away at some ice on top. He nodded at his work and looked pleased as Katsuko happily slid down.

As Ko dashed back to go down the slide again, you and your husband went to sit and watch her on a bench nearby. You both sat and watched as she played on the slide, the swings and tried to find the sandbox, but eventually decided to make snow angels.