Birth

Ch.15 - Birth

The entrance to the hospital was harshly thrown open, making the front desk attendant jump when a male charged in. Decked out in various shades of torn orange, black, green, and other fabrics, the hero himself slammed his fist against the desk.

"Bakugou (Name)." His tone wasn't that of a question, demanding the location of the person. "Where."

The receptionist fumbled with her words, knowing she couldn't just give out the locations of patients... but the gaze of this man was like a humid summer day... uncomfortable and inescapable.

"Katsuki!" A man who had been waiting in the lobby called out, approaching the hero who looked worse for wear.

The ash-blonde whipped around, looking as if he was on some suicide mission where he could be killed at any moment.

"Old man?" He breathed, eyes wide. "Why are you fucking here?"

"(Name) called." His father spoke. "She knew you were busy, and so she called your mother and I when her water broke."

Masaru waved towards the receptionist. "He's the father. I'll take him"

She nodded hesitantly as the pair headed down the hallway. Masaru sensing the urgency in his son's steps but also knowing he'd need to break the news to him.

Masaru stopped before a bathroom, holding out a shopping bag. Bakugou looked at his father with wide eyes. This was clearly not the delivery room... why the hell wasn't he taking him to the delivery room?

"Katsuki... go and change. Then we'll talk." Masaru spoke gently.

"I don't got fucking time to change!" Bakugou roared back instantly. "She's giving birth all alone right fucking now! I need to be with her, now!"

Masaru shook his head. "Listen... you're not going to like it. But you need to do as the doctor told your mother and me."

Bakugou's eyes widened, not liking the tone his usually calm father spoke with authority.

"The birth is particularly difficult... with the baby coming so early there were a few complications." Masaru spoke, seeing his son suddenly tense up.

"What the fuck do you mean complications?!" Bakugou was getting much more worried and antsy as the seconds ticked by.

"Nothing serious... but, the doctor has forbidden anyone else from entering the room" Masaru finally dropped the ball.

Bakugou shook his head. "No. You're fucking with me. I am not missing the birth of my kid. I'm not leaving (Name) to go through this alone!"

He started to march forward, but Masaru caught his arm. "Katsuki! Would you listen for once in your life?!"

Bakugou stopped, knowing if his father was raising his voice... it was important.

"There is a reason the doctor is not letting anyone in! So if anything, listen to her. As for (Name)... she's not alone. Your mother is in there with her. And I think we both know a woman who has gone through tense childbirth before is going to much better support then either one of us."

Masaru inhaled, instantly feeling bad for raising his voice. His son was only worried... and the older man could recall how stressed he was when his own child was born.

Bakugou didn't say anything, merely grabbing the shopping bag filled with some of his father's lazy day clothes. Bakugou changed, and then followed his father to wait and sit in a waiting room outside the delivery rooms.