Eleven Months

Ch.21 - Eleven Months

"It's an honor to have the former number three hero in our home." You spoke, setting down the meal on the table.

"You're too kind to me, (Name)." Best Jeanist laughed. "I am a hero no longer. So please... just regard me as the person who mentored your once hormonal teen monster of a husband into the gracious hero he is now."

Bakugou turned to glare at his one boss. So this was the thanks he got from asking the former pro over for dinner and to meet Katsuko. Of whom was happily putting mashed potatoes everywhere but her mouth. Poor Bakugou having to clean her up and feed her himself.

"I wouldn't use the word gracious... maybe infamous." You giggled, Jeanist joining in on you.

"This is a fucking dinner party, not a roast party." Bakugou spoke, finally getting Katsuko to eat.

"Dada!" Katsuko called as her food went down. "Dada!"

"What, brat?" Bakugou asked Katsuko.

She shook her child seat, meaning she wanted to be up-down. Her toys were beckoning her. And if she couldn't play with her dinner, then what was the point?

"Fine..." Bakugou spoke, putting Katsuko on the ground.

He helped her up onto her feet, holding her hands in his own and then helped her walk over.

"See. Super easy, huh?" Bakugou asked the ash-blonde girl as she was let go.

She managed to stand on her own for about five seconds before sitting down and playing with her stuffed toys. Bakugou shaking his head. One day soon...

"So, she's able to say a handful of words and is nearly walking?" Best jeanist asked as Bakugou came and took his seat once more.

"Yup! Katsuki's mother said Ko is ahead of the game... so we're not trying to rush her too much... or at least I'm not." You spoke, bumping shoulders with your husband.

"I just want her potty trained already..." Bakugou clicked his tongue.

"You've got a while before that." Best Jeanist chuckled, eating more of his food. "Now... I have to ask the obligatory 'How's the office' question."

Bakugou smirked. "It's in better fucking shape with me than it ever had with you."

Best gave a smug expression back. "Really? I could have sworn Hawks said that property damage has been up?"

Bkaugou's eye twitched. "Those are the interns and new sidekicks... trying to nail it into their heads not to break shit unless its life or death situation."

"You could always threaten to take it out of their paychecks... like I did for you."

Bakugou grumbled under his breath, Jeanist chuckling and turned to you. "I assume UA is even more chaotic?"

You nodded. "Oh yes... it's nearly the end of the year and my second years are giddy overlooking for hiring agencies next year and finishing up their high school hero training. As for me... I'll more than likely cry again when they all have to leave."

"You were a damn mom before Katsuko was born..."

"And Aizawa-sensei isn't a biological father to anyone, but it doesn't mean we didn't see him as one!" You pointed out to your husband.

Both of your goofily bickered for a few moments. Jeanist watching the pair of you. Happy to see that despite the stress of a baby... your marriage and relationship to one another had remained strong. Maybe even stronger now.