Bonus #2

Bonus #2 - First Loves

"Mom... how did you know you were in love with Dad?"

You paused in your actions, putting the dough back down onto the floured surface. You turned to gaze at your sixteen-year-old daughter. She wore a frown on her face, dragging her finger along the dining room table behind you.

Katsuko sighed, her eyes reflecting confusion and confliction. Usually, her eyes held confidence and courage, but it seemed something had been weighing down on her shoulders as of late. And with that sudden question, you started to get a clue as to what exactly that might be.

"When I realized I loved your dad? Or when I started liking him?" You spoke, remembering the various stages of relations your husband and you had gone through when you were young.

"Both? Neither? I don't know..." Katsuko sighed, and laid her head down on the table.

Her ash-blonde locks were not in the usual high ponytail she wore, instead laying around her shoulders. The locks were still a bit damp, no doubt from the shower she had taken not too long ago. Being a first-year at UA was tough, but you assumed being Ground Zero's daughter was tougher.

Katsuko never showed it though. Even now with something on her mind, it seemed it wasn't about her trying to love up to her father's image. No, this wasn't about legacy... this was a teenage girl problem.

One talk you never thought you'd have with your tomboyish daughter.

Katsuko wasn't the most feminine girl around, but it seemed not even she could escape the heartaches and confusion that came from being a teenager. You held back a chuckle, thinking it slightly funny that Katsuko could handle people comparing her to her dad, but couldn't figure out her emotions.

You didn't have to guess which parent that came from.

"Is there something going on?" You asked, quickly wiping off your hands of flour and dough and then going near the ash-blonde girl.

Katsuko blinked, her face going red against the table. She turned her face, her face now pressed against the table. She let out a muffled groan. You smiled pitifully at her.

"That bad?" You asked, sliding out the chair across from where she was sitting.

"Yeah..." She muttered, slowly lifting her head until her carmine eyes met yours. "Can you answer my question though?"

You nodded, tapping your chin a few times. Your own cheeks started to lighten into a blush, memories of your teenage years coming back. You realized how glad you were that Katsuki and Katsuro were out on some kind of 'Father-Son' camping trip this weekend. As your husband didn't need to see that you were still rather bashful when remembering how you came to like him, and eventually realize the feelings were more.

"Well... I can think of two times in high school where I started to like him... and then the time we were dating when I realized that I was in love with him." You started to tell Katsuko.

"How long did you both know each other when you realized you loved him!" Katsuko's head suddenly shot up, her eyes wide.

"Six years I think?" You tried to recall. "Yes. We met when we were fifteen and then it was when we were twenty-one I think that I realized that I loved him."

"How did it happen?" Katsuko's face was back on the table. "Did you know from the start and just waited for the right time to tell him your feelings?"

You snorted. Katsuko's face lifted up, her carmine eyes glaring at you.

"Don't fucking laugh at me!" She spat at you.