Month 12

Month 12

A year passed sooner than you knew. Holidays were celebrated, school ended and started again, and your teaching life started up again. Today was a break from the usual norm luckily, as it was a certain little boy's birthday. Katsuro was officially a year old today, and thus his accomplishment was to be celebrated at the park both of your kids were fond of.

You and Katsuki were busy setting up a few picnic tables as Katsuko and Katsuro ran about the playground. Well... Katsuko ran, Katsuro mostly watched his sister from where he sat in the sandbox. His tiny hands made piles of sand into castles, and sticked various rocks and leaves into them.

"Roro!" Katsuko called from the monkey bars. "Watch me! Watch!"

Her little brother watched with awe in his eyes as his big sister successfully made her ways across the most extreme part of any playground. Katsuko landed with a smirk on her lips and her hands on her hips. Katsuro clapped for her.

"Good!" He called out, knowing a few words and was slowly starting to speak.

"I'm really good, huh?!" Katsuko ate up the praise. "I'm going to teach you one day!"

You watched with a smile on your features. Your kids got along wonderfully and you could only hope that stayed the sentiment as they got older. Speaking of getting along with someone, your usually irritable husband was working diligently.

He was putting out a few bowls of various snacks: chips, pocky, fruits. Anything that the kids and adults would be drawn to while the party went on. You scooted next to him, starting to place out the juice boxes and sodas, as well as some bottled waters.

"You're not as against inviting people for kid number two... huh?" You gently teased Bakugou.

He rolled his eyes and gently pushed you away. "I'd rather not get a headache from trying to make sense of your motherly nonsense."

You hummed and raised a brow. "That's what you say... but wasn't it your idea to invite Yuuto and Hiroki so Katsuko had someone to play with?"

Bakugou inhaled, caught off guard by how observant you were. He should be used to this by now... and yet here you were once more, making him feel like a big embarrassed fool in front of you. Even so... his heart pounded fast in his chest when you laughed and smiled brightly at his reaction.

"They're dads may be fucking extras, but their kids make Katsuko happy." He shrugged. "I'd be a piece of shit dad to deny her that."

"I'm glad you see the merit in Katsuko having good friends." You smiled and rested your head momentarily on your husband's shoulder. "Though... we still need to work on your interesting language when describing others."

"Extras are what they are." Bakugou clicked his tongue.

"Rivals, former classmates, even friends...? One of those would work better, Katsuki." You waved your finger at him.

He scoffed and tossed a pretzel at your face. You used your quirk to guide it to your mouth and happily munched down on it. You sauntered off a moment later, going towards the birthday boy. Your husband watched you go, shaking his head in annoyance, but the truth of his feelings laid with the smile that was on his face.

About thirty minutes later the guests finally started to arrive: Katsuki's parents, your mother and your father, Kirshima, Mina and their twins, Kaminari and Jirou with their daughter. Along with the Todoroki's and the Midoriya-Urarakas. It wasn't a big party, just a few close friends and their kids.

Katsuro held himself on your legs, looking at the numerous faces around him. Each bending down to say hello to him, only for the little boy to hide behind your leg. He was quite shy it seemed. You soothed the boy enough for him to say hello to his pairs of grandparents, and then it was back to hiding behind your legs.