Nine Months

Ch.20 - Nine Months

The colorful display of cats secretly being inside bananas was once more capturing the attention of the small baby who watched the fruit cats bounce around the screen Clapping her hands every so often, as the red-eyed baby was too distracted to notice her parents talking to one another in the background. Bananya had seemed to quickly become Katsuko's favorite thing to watch on the television. And for the times you and Katsuki needed a few minutes to clean house or do something else that would be hard with a loud and energetic baby, the cute tv show was a blessing.

"Alright... living room clean and we have the dinner prepped." You spoke, finishing preparing the drinks.

Your husband was sprawled out across the table, looking to be biting back his own tongue. It was one thing to have Round Face and Ponytail over... it was another when you invited the two, their husbands, and babies over as well.

"Why do I have to stay here..." Bakugou grumbled, not looking forward to socializing.

"Because you live here? And they'reour friends?"

"Friends isn't the word I'd fucking use." He sighed, seeing you shake your head.

"Just be good. Katsuko is the oldest, so we're more used to baby stuff now... but the others are still a bit... panicky."

Bakugou snorted. "Deku's gonna be a fucking mess."

You smacked his back with a baby blanket you were going to set out in the living room by where Katsuko was. Bakugou looking at you with low eyes, only to roll them when you stuck your tongue out at him.

Bakugou got up to follow you, wanting to have a few final moments of peace with his baby girl before the other arrived. You thanked him for moving her so you could set up, ignoring Katsuko's unhappy cries when the TV was turned off. She was a little obsessed with Bananya it appeared... so you'd both have to limit the already low amount of time she got to watch it. Nothing good would come out of giving her a bad habit this early on.

"Oi, brat," Bakugou spoke, Katsuko immediately quieting down as her father talked to her. "Keep it down, we have neighbors."

"And your dad is already enough for them to deal with." You smirked, hearing the ash-blonde male click his tongue.

"Shut up..." Bakugou spoke, looking towards Katsuko.

She copied his gesture of tilting his head back. Then erupted into giggles. The copy-cat phase had begun it seemed, and if there was anyone she loved to copy the actions of, it was her father.

Bakugou smiled gently, putting Katsuko on the couch beside him. Now being able to sit on her own as well. Slowly he raised a hand, waving it towards Katsuko. The little girl watching him with wonder and then slowly doing the same back to him.

"Look at that." Bakugou spoke, your head turning to look. "Baby can wave."

"Babababababa." Katsuko sputtered back, her words also attempting to mimic but not doing as well as her motor skills at this point.

"You two make quite the pair." You smiled, the sound of a knocking at your front door heard as you finished. You clapped your hands together. "Oh! They're here!"

You moved to answer the door, meanwhile your husband and baby looked at one another. Bakugou laying back against the couch in faux-exhaustion, Katsuko copying him.

"Welcome!" You spoke happily as you saw the group of six outside. The summer rays starting to become warm, but not too warm for the two baby boys yet.