Week 11

Ch.3- Week 11

He didn't know what was grossing him out more at this moment, the appearance of lovey-dovey couples sitting happily together trying to decide on what name sounded better, the little images of storks carrying babies in various colors imprinted onto the wall, or that the chair he was sitting in seemed to have been the victim of juice being spilled on it by some little brat... now making it sticky.

Bakugou was close to fuming and the pair of you had only been sitting in the office of the obstetrician for ten minutes. He was always one to show up early to things, so despite the appointment being at noon, he and you had arrived at a quarter till and take your seats. You seemed to be doing okay, idly flipping through a magazine you had found on a coffee table. Your eyes wide as you saw it was a fairly popular parenting magazine.

He understood why though... it had been a week since he had found out himself and neither one of you had really tried to have that big "Are we going to be parents or not" talk. In the end... you and he had promised that after this appointment, and seeing how far along you were... would help determine and push both of you into deciding what you were doing.

And so Bakugou sat here beside you. His carmine eyes catching onto another young couple a little further away. The female looked tired, trying to hush a small whining infant in her arms, but the little thing wasn't calming down. She looked tired and just done... and Bakugou couldn't help but feel bad for her. Him... the guy who usually never expressed pity, feeling bad for this young woman who had to deal with a crying and smelly baby.

He was about to write it off as another example as to why he was leaning more towards the 'I don't want a damn kid' argument when the father of the baby gently took them from their mother's arms. He laughed slightly, the baby quiets down right away and then laughing. The little thing's laugh chimed like a soft bell, making the male raise an eyebrow. Well... the kid had a cute laugh.

His baby would have a much better laugh though-

He shook his head, trying to rid himself of those thoughts. Where the hell and when the hell did they even start to come? He had never been the type to think he would ever gets obsessed with kids... hell, he hated them with a passion in high school and to some extent still didn't like to be around a lot of them for long... but being a hero meant lots of kid fans. If he liked any kind of kid... it was the kids who thought he was a cool hero.

So, it was as if baby fever was an actual illness and ever since he found out he had contracted it. This entire week... he was on edge and not in a way he usually was. He was cautious when he was out in the field, going as far as to not attack head-on, but rather try to take down criminals from afar. And seeing that little baby and dad playing was only making him worse.

He needed to stay focused on the reality of parenthood though... that it was a nightmare. Especially if it was his kid. He knew of the strange relationship he and his mother had... and also of his unusual upbringing with her. And the last thing he wanted was to put you into the position his father had felt for years: forced peacemaker.

Most importantly... he didn't want to treat his kid the way his mother had for him.

He loved his mother, and was grateful to her in many ways, but... at the same time, seeing how many things he and she had in common... he knew he would not be a patient person like her. And thus... that meant he wouldn't be a good parent.

And that was the reality. He would make for a bad dad.

"Bakugou?" A nurse walked out, looking towards the sitting couples and a few kids.