Chapter Thirty Seven

August 15th

"Yoo, wassup everybody. I'm just coming on here real quick to say thanks for all the birthday love. I've seen a couple of y'alls posts and imma try to respond to as many as I can, I'm just with the fam right now," I pointed my phone down to record Stormi, who was in my lap reaching for my phone. "Yea, so thanks again. Love all y'all." I stopped recording, rewatched the video then posted it to my Ig story.  

"People are gonna freak over that," I looked up at Kris and a few other people that followed behind her to the table. "Because my little Stormi is just so cute." Kris reached over the table to pinch Stormi's cheeks which made her break out into a fit of giggles.  

"True, and it's the first time people will actually see her full face." We all fell into a comfortable silence as I looked down at my daughter who was just reaching for stuff to grab on the table.

We've been in Italy for about six days now and everything about the country was breathtaking. Growing up I never had the chance to travel the world or just in general so I was definitely taking advantage of the opportunity now.

But the only downside to the trip was that I had no real friends here with me. I thought I would be fine, but being surrounded by people and still feeling alone was hitting hard.

Honestly, though I don't know if it's because of not having people here for me or just me not being with my mom on my dad's death anniversary. 

 This was the first time I didn't spend the day with her. And although she has done me dirty plenty of times I was always gone look after her, she was my only parent so I feel like that my obligation.

Hearing Kylie say my name I was completely pulled away from my thoughts and looked up at the girl.

"Happy birthday baby." Kylie took a seat next to me then lightly grabbed my face to pull me into a kiss. "Finally 21," She mumbled against my lips making me smile slightly.

"Let's get the shots going!" She yelled turning away from me towards the waiter making me just sit back, laugh, and shake my head at her antics. 

Disregarding the various amounts of alcoholic beverages being served to the table, I kept my sole focus on feeding Stormi bits and pieces of the bread we had as appetizers.

Briefly looking over at Kylie, I watched her down a shot (that was bigger than the normal glass) like it was nothing. 

This girl was a very lowkey alcoholic. I had the realization at her official birthday party when she drank almost a whole bottle of 1942 with Redbull as a chaser and didn't get drunk.. I thought she would have a low tolerance for heavy alcohol because of our daughter, but she was back right where she left off. 

I should be the last one talking though since 'I smoke like a damn chimney' in the words of my mother.

Looking away from my girlfriend I reached for my drink, but immediately flinched and turned slightly when I heard my name being yelled.

"Oh my god, the whole family." I caught a glimpse of three maybe four girls behind our security.

"Kylie, Kendall," They yelled trying to get the older girls attention, but she just continued on with her conversation she was having. "Y/n, Y/n happy birthday." Their accents flowed as I sent a small smile their way.

Turning around fully, keeping Stormi close to me as I said "thank you" back to them.

Hearing their squeals become louder since I responded I couldn't help but laugh at how they fanned themselves off. "Y/n can we get a picture?" One asked and I looked back towards the table to see what their reaction to the question was.