Chapter Fifty Eight

Your Pov

"Bae," I looked at my phone that was propped up. "Bae." I called out once again.

"Hmm." Kylie hummed in response, her eyes barely staying open. 

"I just pulled up to your mom's, I'm good you can go to sleep now." I put my mask on as I got out of the car. 

Our vacation was over. 

Well, my vacation was over.

I left Utah at two in the morning to get back to LA. 

Everyone was supposed to leave today as well, but Kylie's friends wanted to stay a few days longer. And Kylie decided to stay with them for the extra days. 

Which was completely fine with me. I wanted her to enjoy time with her friends. 

She didn't have the same energy as me though. As I was packing everything up she was visibly upset. 

Literally mad because I was leaving. 

She was damn near begging for me to stay.

Doing the literal most.

The alcohol in her system was definitely a valid reason for her actions. 

And it will always shock me how crazy she is when she's drunk.

 It'll always be funny though,  seeing that other side of her.

But in her drunken state of mind, she decided that she wanted to facetime me while I was driving home. 

So for the entire nine-hour ride she was on the phone with me

Even though after the four-hour mark there was barely any talking between us. 

She was obviously tired as hell, but she didn't hang up. 

I think she felt kind of bad and was slightly nervous because I was driving that long of a distance by myself this time. 

Sometimes it felt like she cared more about me than I did myself.

"Show me Storm first." She mumbled, shuffling around in the bed. 

Responding with an 'ok', I knocked on Kris's door waiting for the older woman to open up. 

"What the hell." I mumbled when she did open the door and I was immediately greeted with some device being held up to my head.

"I'm taking your temperature." I nodded slowly still confused on how the device was going to read my temp from that far away.

"What are you doing?" I brought my phone back up to my face when Kylie spoke.

"Your mom taking my temp." I flipped the camera to show Kris. 

"Mom why do you have a hazmat suit on." I laughed taking notice of Kris's attire. 

"Because I'm not risking getting sick." The older woman responded to her daughter. "You haven't shown any symptoms right Y/n?" She asked, dropping the device from my face.

"No, I have not." I answered.

"Ok you're good, come in." I mumbled 'thank you' as I stepped forward into her house.

"Babe let me talk to my mom really quick." 

"Aight," I said turning back towards Kris, waiting for her to remove the gloves she had on before handing her my phone. "Storm in the playroom?" I asked Kris as we now walked side by side. 

"Yes hun, her and Kendall are in there." I nodded before going my separate way from her, making my way throughout the large home. 

Hearing commotion as I approached the room, I gently knocked on the door making my presence known before entering the playroom.