Chapter Forty Seven

"Why you all up in my face man?" I laughed talking to Roman who was standing on my lap with his hands in my hair.

"No such thing as personal space with you." The boy lowered his arms to be around my neck, basically pulling me into a hug as he simultaneously pressed a kiss on my nose.

As he has gotten older, he has definitely gravitated more towards me (as I expected). But he was so affectionate. 

I think he got a lot of it from watching Stormi and I interact.

For example, Storm has also started to show more affection by giving me kisses. Which was really just her leaving her slob on my face. But whenever I held Rome he would basically slam his head against mine to leave a 'kiss' as well.

He sees her hug me all the time, so now he hugs me too.

Along with all the affectionate stuff.

I would play music for Storm and she jumps/bounces around to it. Next minute I see Roman holding onto the couch doing the same thing.

He couldn't even crawl yet...

Shit is crazy.

He's barely four months standing. Of course, he had to hold onto stuff, but I ain't never heard of a four month old doing that, with support or not. 

All credit to Stormi though, her presence has definitely sped up his developmental process. 

Which is dope as hell to see.

Hearing my phone ring, I grabbed it from the coffee table, checking the caller ID before answering. 

"What's up Kylie." I held the phone against my ear with one hand, using my other to securely hold Roman since he started to wobble. "Hello?" I asked once again as I heard a sniffle. 

Maybe she butt-dialed me. 

"Y/n," I heard the sniffle once again. "Come to the hospital- Stormi's in the hospital." 

"What?" I yelled being completely caught off guard. "Kylie, what?" I stood up, probably quicker than I should've with Roman in my arms.

"I didn't kn-"

"What hospital Kylie?" I cut her off, honestly just wanting to be there instead of hearing the explanation right now.

"Cedars." She studdered letting out a sob over the phone.

As I got a bag ready for Roman. I continued to do my best to calm Kylie down over the phone before hanging up. Allowing me to basically run to the car with Roman in my arms. 

I definitely scared him, hence why he was crying now. But hearing that my kid is in the hospital I had to rush. 

I'd just have to get him settled down when I get there.

Driving with pace as safely as possible, once I made it. I put my shades on before covering Roman's seat with a blanket then making my way into the hospital. 

Already knowing the room number. I made a beeline to the elevator

And it always felt like elevators move three times slower when something important is happening.

Making it to the correct floor, I sent nurses that I recognized from Stormi's birth a wave and head nod before entering her room.

Seeing Kylie who was standing on the side of the bed. She turned around from the noise of the door allowing me to see her tear-stained cheeks. 

"What happened?"  I asked Kylie while simultaneously pulling the blanket off of Roman. Walking to sit the seat down on the couch making sure he was ok before moving back to the side of the bed.