Chapter Thirty Eight

Your Pov

"What a way not to draw attention to yourself," Ashaley said as I climbed the stairs of the doctor's office. "All black fit, hood up with glasses on... But you show up in Mercedes Benz that no one else in LA has. Real discreet Y/n." I moved past the girl to open the door for her.

"My other cars are getting detailed." I mumbled as I walked in after her with my head down, trying to avoid all attention from the other people in the office.

"Appointment for Y/ln." I said only loud enough for the receptionist to hear me. But of course, she said my full name obnoxiously loud back to me.

Nodding my head yes she said, "You can head straight back, right through this door." She pointed to our right.

"Oh my baby daddy rich rich, we ain't gotta wait." Ashaley said as she walked past me to the back room.

Ignoring her comment, I sat in the empty seat watching her get weighed and her blood pressure done before heading to our actual room.

"So you're pregnant?" The girl looked over at me in disgust. "What?"

"Are you actually serious?" My facial expressions did not change, making her scoff at me. "I wouldn't have told you I was pregnant to waste your time Y/n. You're really starting to piss me the fuck off."

"Woah stressing the mother out already," The doctor walked into the room coming over to shake my hand first. "Dr. Murphy." I gave him a smile as I stated my name back. Then he moved on, introducing himself to Ashaley.

"So are you both first time parents?" I shook my head no while she nodded yes.

"And how old is your child Y/n?"

"Eight almost nine months." He nodded then turned towards the girl.

"And your first pregnancy, are you excited? Nervous?"

"Definitely more excited than nervous at this point," She had a small smile on her face. "I didn't think I could get pregnant so I'm going to cherish the moment."

"That's great Ashaley. And why did you think you were unable to conceive?" Dr. Murphy pulled out turned to his computer.

"My periods are extremely irregular. Like I could go four months without having it." The older man nodded his head at the information.

"And how did you find out then? Since you wouldn't have known the difference between the missed periods."

"Just my friends and I taking pregnancy test jokingly and mine came back positive." I leaned back into my chair just taking in all of the information.

"What a funny way to find out." Him and Ashaley laughed. "Ok so let's get started." Dr. Murphy turned back towards the both of us.

"We're gonna need a urine sample and to draw blood from you Ashaley," The curly-haired girl nodded. "And by any chance would you both be wanting a DNA test?"

"Yea." I spoke looking over at the girl who just rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, ok we'll have to swab your mouth then Y/n."

"How long do the results take?"

"Two days up to three weeks."

"Any way we can get it in an hour?" The doctor's eyebrows raised at the question.

"That will be a lot of extra on the medical bill." I shrugged

"That's fine." He nodded

"Well, let's get the blood drawn and swab so we can have results before you all leave. Afterward, we will be doing an ultrasound." He said before walking out of the office leaving Ashaley and I alone.