Chapter Forty

"Ms. Y/ln, Scooter wanted me to pass the message that you are on in forty minutes and Lil Uzi Vert wants to know if it's cool if he could come in?" One of the Rolling Loud stage managers said peeking her head into my dressing room.

"Yea he can come in." I sat down on the couch that was in the corner of the dressing room. 

As Symere walked in the room the lady resaid her previous statement making me give her a thumbs up before she left the doorway.

"What's up what's going on? You nervous?" He asked as he sat in the chair across from me. 

"Not really, I'm chillin." I responded rubbing my hands down my face.

"That look says otherwise." I chuckled lowly. "I was nervous my first Rolling Loud it's ok." I didn't respond to him, keeping a blank stare on my face. 

And that triggered awkward silence for us- well for me as he just studied me. 

"You didn't tell Kylie?" I let out a deep sigh before shaking my head in response. "Y/n... you said- you had it all planned out." I leaned forward and rested my face in my palms.

"I know, every time I attempt to get the sentence out something comes up or she'll just be in a good ass mood and I don't wanna ruin that."

"So what happened this time?"

"Bro, I had just walked into the house. Then I get a call from Ashaley," I did the universal sign for being on the phone. "This girl said 'Y/n I'm going into labor'. So I'm freaking the fuck out and walk right back out the door to meet her at the hospital."

"So you didn't even see Kylie?"

"I was barely a step into the house. I didn't see her till that night." I took a sip of water from my bottle that was next to me.

"And nothing bout it that night?"

"It was one in the fucking morning and the next day I flew out here. I was definitely not finna tell her then dip."

"Damn... Damn, you fucked bro." I slowly nodded as I looked down at my watch. I had about fifteen minutes before I had to head to the stage. 

"You said Ash went to the hospital though, what's going on with her? I thought she was doing good."

"She doing better, but this pregnancy has been really hard on her,"

On the both of us though if I'm being honest, obviously only mentally for me since I wasn't carrying our son.

"The doctors are monitoring her hormones, blood pressure, really everything and I know that sounds normal, but this is way more complicated than Kylie's pregnancy. We be at the doctors every damn week."

"So she high risk or something?"

"Yea, they was saying she got preeclampsia so if her blood pressure and shit get to high they have to induce her."

"That's scary as fuck."

"Right. And she only six almost seven months so if they induce her soon he gone be premature as hell."

I'm not even gonna lie. Ashaley's health during this pregnancy had me holding on telling Kylie too. 

She already had two almost three scares of having a miscarriage. So if a miscarriage happened to happen I really wouldn't have to trip off telling Kylie.

Well.. I would obviously still tell Kylie but actually having my son physically here would sort of change the whole conversation. 

But, I honestly didn't want to use that as an excuse (for much longer at least) because the time that I've spent with Ash I actually bonded with my son. And If I were to lose him even before he was born I don't know what I would do.