Chapter Three

Two Weeks Later

"Y/n. Can you stop fucking texting for one fucking second and finish this verse?" My best friend, Emaza said snatching my phone from my hand.

"Who in the world is babygirl anyway? And why is she saying she outsi-" She questioned as I jumped up from the couch snatching my phone from her hand.

"I'll be right back." I ran out of my home studio to the front door, seeing Kylies' Range Rover pull in the drive way.

Walking over to her now parked car, I opened her door helping her out. Feeling her arms embrace me in a hug, I recuperate her action by putting my arms around her lower back.

"Is it bad that I missed you?" I heard her ask with her head on my chest. "Nah I think it's normal. Cuz I missed you too," I said as I kissed her forehead. "But enough of this sappy shit for right now, I gotta finish a song real quick then I'm ready." I grabbed her hand and walked us into the studio.

Ever since the Met Gala after party Kylie and I have not stopped talking to each other, but because of our busy schedules this was our first time seeing each other in person again.

But my house was not the ideal place to meet up... at least not at this moment. Walking into the studio with Kylie, Emaza screamed "Y/n got another white bitch Sayir," to her older sister who was somewhere in my house. 

Hearing footsteps come towards the room I pleaded to Sayir "Please don't come in here starting shit with Emaza." Putting my arm around Kylie's neck protectively and looking at the sisters.

"I ain't tryna start shit I just wanna see who she is," Sayir said walking into the studio. "Ohh Y/n you done got yourself a Kardashian." Sayir stated. "Nah she a Jenner." I said playfully trying to release some tension in the room.

"That is not no fucking better." Emaza chimed in with venom in her voice. "Ok Emaza we not doing this right now, if you ain't got nun nice to say... Leave." I said kicking her out as nicely as I could. 

From the day that Emily and I started dating Emaza has been protective of me, which is completely understandable because Emily did cheat on me damn near the whole relationship. And then she got engaged a week after we broke up. 

"Ok Y/n, I'll respect your decisions for now... But imma be back here later," She said taking small steps towards the door. "I still need you to finish your verse tho, Scooter will be pissed if you don't." She reminded me, going back to being my best friend instead of my mother. 

Watching her walk out of the door I turned to Kylie to apologize saying "I'm so sorry she said that, she is just protective of my lil heart." I said giving her my best puppy dog face. 

"It's ok. If I'm being honest if you didn't know Jordyn she would have reacted the same way." She said making me chuckle. 

"But go record your verse or whatever. I wanna hear you sing." She said going to sit down on the couch in the back. 

"Aight I'll be done in five minutes." I walked into the booth and put on my headphones giving Sayir a thumbs up. 

Hearing the beat start I nodded my head back and forth and started the chores. 

Yeah
VVS look like a star, yeah
I took the top off the car
We don't abide by the law (law)
You don't know what I done saw (Saw)
Can't leave without it (I can't leave without it)
I keep a stick for the war 
Checks I deposit (Checks I deposit)
Money just stick with the boy

Listening to 21's part I heard my voice loop the chorus alerting me to start my second verse. 

Cash in and cash out (Cash in and cash out)
I am not lookin' for clout (Nah)
I knew I would figure it out (I knew)
I took the millionaire route (Run it up)
Popped a pill got my head in the cloud (Huh)
Say my name, it'll bring out a crowd (Crowd)
We got paid, now my family proud (On God)                                                                                                              I been drippin' this drip since a child 

"Am I done in here now?" I asked Sayir thru the microphone, getting a thumbs up and a head nod in return. 

"I definitely think that's my new favorite song." Kylie said getting off of the couch to wrap her arms around my waist. "Every song of mine should be your favorite." I joked looking down at her. 

"Oh so what's got you so cocky now Y/l/n?" She bit her lip looking up at me. "I ain't cocky baby, I'm confident." I dusted off imaginary dirt from my shoulder. "Oh my god I can't with you today." She busted out laughing. 

"Can y'all stop being cute and shit... Reminding me I'm forever single." Sayir whispered under her breathe. 

"We finna leave anyway, I'll let you be in your feelings alone." I grabbed Kylie's hand and started to walk up the stairs. "Can we just stay here and chill Y/n?" Kylie looked up at me with a pout on her face. "Yeah let's just go to the theater." I said while giving her a brisk tour of the rooms as we continued to walk. 

Making it to the theater I lead us to the love seat on the back row sitting down. Grabbing the remote to turn on Netflix Kylie asked me "How does it feel to be the world's favorite person?"

"I'm definitely not the worlds favorite person," I chuckled "If anything I'm most hated." I sat back on the couch crossing my legs. 

"Why do you think that?" She turned her body towards me sitting Indian style. "And I'm sorry for all these questions, I just feel like... Like your a lot deeper than you make it seem... So tell me about your life." She looked me in my eyes. 

Sensing the energy in the room change Kylie said "We don't have to talk about this now though if you don't want to." 

"Nah it's fine, I need to learn to open up anyway," I said. "So takin it all the way back I was born in St. Louis which isn't the greatest city in the world, for some obvious reasons. But I had to grow up quick due to the death of my father." 

"I really didn't get to be a kid or really develop my emotions because when my dad died I was expected to comfort my mom, which I did but I didn't get the attention that I needed during the time." I said with a tear leaving my eye making Kylie grab my hand. 

"So I grew up showing too much love to the wrong people only to be broken down again." I stated truthfully. "And now I'm just a broken kid leaving the dream," I shrugged my shoulders.  "But it's aight because I am living in a mansion and I got a baddie next to me." I wrapped my arm around Kylie pulling her flush against my body, kissing the top of her head making her giggle. 

Watching the movie that was on in a comfortable silence Kylie said "Thanks for sharing that with me though Y/n. I feel like I'm turning you soft." She put her head in the crook of my neck. "Oh god is this the Kardashian curse's first stage." I joked with her earning a hit on the stomach. 

"I'm just playing, chill." I laughed looking at the pout on her face. 

Feeling her cuddle further into me I asked "You wanna go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"No." She said leaving me with shock on my face. "I'm just playin, chill." She repeated my words from earlier laughing at my reaction. 

"See you acting like a dick like me now, we are like meant to be." I slurred my words.

"Oh shut up and watch the movie." 

"Yes ma'am." I cuddled further into her body feeling myself relax and fall asleep.

______________________

A/n 

I feel like some drama is coming... 

Anyway this is just a quick lil chapter before I enjoy my 3 week spring break  🤩

Also thanks for being hella active on the first 2 chapters