Chapter Forty Four

Your Pov

Two weeks.

Ash has been in and out of the hospital for two full weeks.

I was usually restless, but not like this.

So, stress and tired was an understatement at this point.

All of the complications that the doctor said she might have at the beginning of her pregnancy were in full effect now.

Hypertension, gaining too much weight (which resulted in her developing gestational diabetes), and mental health concerns (which can lead to Post Partum depression).

It was to the point where they're thinking about inducing her.

Which I'm not mad at because I want her and our son to be as healthy as possible.

But there are two reasons I didn't want them to induce her, yet at least.

One she is only 29 weeks so if she had the baby he would be a preemie, which can lead to him having health problems.

And two it's February 1st. Stormi's birthday... I could not have two kids born on the same day.

I honestly don't even want them to be born in the same month.

So if Ash could safely hold on to him for twenty-eight more days I would be a happy camper.

But if not, as long as it isn't today I'll be good.

"Ash," She blinked slowly. "It's Stormi's birthday, I gotta go."

"Please don't." She whispered lowly, grabbing my hand.

"I have to. I'll-"

"Y/n I'm scared." Tears rolled down her cheek.

I honestly felt so bad for her. She has been through so much these past weeks.

And I know if I was in her shoes I would be scared as well. But at the same time.. Stormi is my number one priority.

Just like I didn't miss Christmas, I definitely couldn't miss her first birthday.

"Don't be scared," I wiped the tears from her cheeks. "You got the best doctors around you and your mom should be here any minute." She nodded slowly, sniffling.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours. Try to get some rest ok?" She nodded once again before I walked out of the room and hospital to my car.

It was noon and the party started at two so I really had no time to do what I wanted. Which was to take a much needed nap.

But thankfully I made it to my house fairly quickly.

Once inside, I headed straight to the bathroom, starting the shower up.

Looking in the mirror, I can't even lie. I was looking rough as hell.

Bags under my eyes, pimple on my cheek, and my hair was a mess.

A retwist was much needed.

I couldn't stress about that right now though, I had bigger things to worry about.

After showering, getting dressed, and chugging a Red Bull I was right back out of the door and on the road.

I tried my best to make it to the party at least a couple of minutes early, but the damn LA traffic will always intervene with my intentions.

Looking at the clock as I parked, I was only ten minutes late. Which isn't bad at all, but I couldn't wait till everyone greets me by saying how unpunctual I am.