Chapter Forty One

Kylie's Pov

"Did everything go well?" 

"She lost more blood than normal-"

"But she's ok though. Right?" 

The doctor chuckled lowly, "Yes she is fine. Everything else went perfectly." I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding in. "She is conscious right now so you can head in, but the anesthesia is still heavy in her system so she might ramble a lot." I walked past the doctor into the room Y/n was in. 

I was probably more stressed than I needed to be for this surgery since it wasn't 'major', but any time someone goes under anesthesia there could be complications. 

And I couldn't even imagine losing Y/n.

"Oh my," I mumbled to myself as I entered the room seeing how much wrap was actually around her leg. "Hi, baby." I sat in the chair next to her, but she was so out of it all she did was droopily smile back at me.

"Can you understand me?" I asked the girl who just mumbled in response.

"My leg is gone." She blinked slowly, still smiling. 

"No, it's not baby." I chuckled, rubbing my hands through her hair. 

"Yes, it is." 

Well ok then. 

"I'm- I'm like on another planet-." She looked at me as she just rambled on and on. "Where my Stormi?" She asked completely off-topic of what she was just talking about. 

"With my mom outside, you want me to get her?" I began to stand up, but ironically the door opened and Stormi waddled in with my mom trailing behind. "Nevermind," I mumbled to myself as I went to go pick her up. 

"Wanna see mama?" I couldn't help but smile when Stormi pointed at Y/n as I moved closer to her. 

"Hi princess." Y/n spoke softly as I approached the side of the hospital bed.

"Mm- Ma." Stormi mumbled reaching down for Y/n.

"Lemme get her." I hesitantly placed Stormi in Y/n's hands, watching closely to make sure Stormi was secure in the girl's arms.

Stepping away from the two, I walked over to my mom who was talking to the doctor and physical therapist who had just walked into the room.

After hearing the do's and don'ts for taking care of Y/n from the two men, I started to pack everything up because we would be able to leave soon.

"Kylie, hun I got it."  My mom placed her hand over the top of mine, stopping me from grabbing anything else. "Take a seat and relax while you can." I nodded before taking my spot back next to the bed.

And not to my surprise at all Y/n was still talking to Stormi.  

"-Nothing is gonna change," Our daughter just stared down at her smiling not truly comprehending what was being said. "And- and at the end of the day, imma love you no matter what." My eyebrows scrunched.

She was really having a full-on conversation with her. 

"And Kylie," She laid Stormi on her chest as she looked over at me. "I love you too, ok."

I nodded.

"Like- you're my number one. Ok?" 

I nodded once again. 

"Forever." She reassured and I just chuckled.

"When does this anesthesia wear off?" I asked rhetorically, hearing my mom laugh on the other side of the room.