63: Oblivious

Mira's POV

Princessa surprised me with a visit the next day. She came alone and greets Momsie before we were left alone.

For a time, we were just so silent cox I don't know what else to ask her outside the pleasantries of how is this and how is that, hope you are all fine bla bla.

Finally, she looks up at me and smiles wanly. For the first time, I can see her face very well. Princessa is very dark in complexion. Even darker than me. But she is also pretty in a very cool way. Perhaps her nature extends to her physical attributes as well.

"Can we talk somewhere private?" She asks me.

I didn't drag the conversation so I led her out of the house so we can find some real privacy at the small space behind the flat.

We both sat down on white rubber chairs and I say to her. "Here is very private. Behind us is Momsie's store and her kitchen is a bit farther into the house so it's the most private part of the house" I explained.

She nods once and at that time, the way she sighs tells a lot about how much stress she is keeping in.

"You are so lucky. Your husband is clear minded and you don't have to contend with cowives" she now looks at me with a smile on her face.

"My husband's wife has ruined his life. But it is my life she is after now" she explains.

I know women like Princessa are too arrogant to share pain. So I am trying to understand why she is telling me all these. And I am failing a lot in that department. So I just listened.

Her eyes fill with tears and she looks away before saying "I come from a royal house Mira. And my family is very superstitious and they believe in all sorts of 'lakani' and 'kariya' which they don't play with. But my father didn't want anything to do with the royal house and so he never cared to use any on us. And I still don't believe in them but a part of me is so desperate that it feels I could have done better to protect myself. I was too arrogant" she smiles wanly, tears, running down her face. She wipes at the tears with a hankie before drawing air into her nose to clear it. She sighs.

"Mira, the reason I am telling you this is because I am leaving Marwan" she explains.

Now if that isn't surprising...

"I am leaving for while to gain myself medicine. And who knows. I might get us both a cure" she smiles through her pain and I have never felt connected to her until now. Suddenly, I can feel her pain.

"You know about...?" I ask for clarification.

"Yes. It's happening to both of us and Marwan told me about it" she explains.

"But you said she has ruined his life. How does your cowife fit into this mystery?" I ask, genuinely puzzled.

"Marwan doesn't know but she is the reason I swallowed that miserable key they keep talking about. You see, she is the only one that knows I am taking medicine cox unknown to me, she was the one who gave Marwan and told him that it could help with my infertility" she sighs. "I am guessing it's tiny and she wrapped it up like one of the medicines. Yet I can't prove it except provoke her to tell me verbally. She is too clever to do that though" she sighs.

"But how would she get the keys? I thought she is a total yar kauye? Don't they like, associate with people of substance? Or is she like bee?" I dared to ask.

I have to assume she knows everything. I can tell she knows things I don't.

"I don't know. But she is always going to one boka or the other. She could have gotten it anywhere" she replies.