62: Will of nature

Mira's POV

I woke up with a dizzy spell. Like I just woke up from sleep and I couldn't stand on my own two feet.

Suddenly, the dizziness is swarming my head. Nausea rose up like bile in my throat weakening my defenses even further.

I was so out of it that I had to stay in bed all morning.

Zain brought me breakfast in bed but I don't see anything romantic about it.

He fed me and the only thing I can eat was a single potato chip with half a cup of tea.

Zain declares we are going to the hospital.

I plead with him that I just need rest. Maybe I am going to have my menses. I just hate going to the hospital now. They look at me like a sample on a Petri dish and now I just simply dislike the notion of going there.

Zain keeps checking on me but I insisted I was having my menses that did not even show.

It didn't help that I keep having abdominal pains. I feel as if my period this month is trying to give me trouble.

After noon, Zain saw that I feel better so he took me out for some fresh air. I feel loads better afterwards especially because the fresh mangoes Dada offered to me were bittersweet escatasy in my mouth.

Zain is looking at me as if I am not okay. But I told him he didn't taste the mangoes that's why.

He didn't event sate them no matter how I insisted.

"I will not eat unripe mangoes Mira. Think of all that acid inside your stomach!" He complains.

"Which acid! It's just mangoes!" I deny.

So to each his own I guess. These days, both Dada and Jidda have been doing their best to see that I am extra comfortable. It pleases my heart to see how much they are trying to make me so happy and content with their work.

Dada is always on her way to the market. She would always buy me fresh fruits and I love every single one of them.

Jidda will make sure I approve of any fragrance they are going to be putting in the house. Even incense.

"I swear, those two are wierd. Why do you think Dada went all the way to the market and still brought back unripe mangoes?" I ask him.

Zain shrugs. "To please you no doubt! You don't like eating anything healthy these days. I can't even blame dieting cox you are not watching the fats. Do you realize you ate an entire bowl of chocolate yesterday?" He asks with concern. "Just when you were about to fall asleep?! I swear you ate the last one in your sleep!" His incredulity is great and I laugh as I remember the sweet taste of white chocolate. Thankfully, Jidda tore off the coverings and broke them into small easy pieces which I can just throw into my mouth. The yummy treat has a special place in my heart now. Zain had to carry me into my room after I contentedly went to sleep!

"Stop smiling like that" he states. I can see the smile he is trying to keep in as the corner of his mouth turned up.

"Like how?" I question.

"Like you just died and went to heaven" he finally laughs.

"You know who is wierd? It's you! You don't eat chocolate. You don't like juicy unripe mangoes. You are definitely weird!" I declare.

"Yes I am weird you cheeky weirdo! Did you listen to yourself? Please take it easy on your digestive system. I don't want you complaining about getting fat. I am gonna be so mad! You better be prepared to be fat with all the junks you are eating these days!"