72: All about family

Hoor's POV

For over a year, they have pressured me to give up Mira and prove that I am indeed the daughter of an Alero.

Finding Mira, was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I didn't use to have friends. I was used to people doing exactly as I asked. Life used to be so boring...

Hamid Sarki is another puzzle I'll just leave for another day. It wasn't his style to wait for something. Normally, he spends his money so much until he gets exactly what he wants.

But he couldn't force me. He even thinks he needs to protect me. I feel touched by such devotion. But I don't feel bad because he would curse me if he knew where I came from and what I was led to do...

I have always wanted to meet my family. So when Mira introduced me to her family, and I saw Marmie and Momsie, I instantly knew they are related to my mother in some way. Knowing their parents died without showing them who their family were reinforced that belief. I had to know them. It's not everyday that an Alero meets one of his own considering, we eliminate casualties to avoid competition...

So many things were going on at the same time that it's virtually impossible for anyone to tell exactly what it it's that is happening.

I was given my original key when I turned fourteen. But I was attacked on the same day when I sneaked off to meet a friend that I wanted to hang out with. My parents do not allow mingling with others. I am supposed to remain at home, studying the keys, memorizing names and heads of corporations as well as world leaders, the changing tides...

Anyways, I hated studying.

So I met that friend of mine and we went to a park. The key is wound around my neck with an ordinary thread. Someone attacked us, killing my friend and taking away the key.

I was crying so hard about losing my friend but I shouldn't have cried for the fact that my friend died only.

I should have been crying for the key!

I didn't know it was linked to my inheritance! It's my future, my everything!

Without the key, i am nothing!

Without the key, I have ceased to be one of them. I have proven incapable, careless and severely unsuitable to be the leader.

My mother was informed of what happened first. She sent someone to get me and clean up the mess. She didn't shout at me or berate me which would have been better actually.

Instead, she says some words that has chilled me to the very bones.

"If your father knows,he would kill you. You would shame him if he knew you had lost it today and he would lose all trust in you. In fact, he would start looking for an heir" she declares.

To cut it short, she sent me away to America, telling me never to come back until I get back the key. The only thing that could make others recognize me were the mismatched eyes coupled with my golden hair. So she changed the eyes and the color of my hair...

I was like an orphan and so is stayed in one of those boarding houses that allow you to sleep overnight if you get there early.