43: Moving Key

Mira's POV

It was late at night and i am still in my room continuing my massive research on Laziz's company. In fact, i am still considering options on how i can gain an opening and hack into their data base.

Whenever a knock comes on my door, i would quickly put my veil over the gadgets i am using and act like i am gaming in my laptop.

Marmie is used to this behavior from me apparently because she never looks curious or surprised. Since I am always hiding something. And it's not a bomb or a baby, Marmie generally doesn't care.

So this time, the house is eerily quiet and Marmie comes knocking again. It's like she is checking up on me and making sure i dont sneak off in the dead of night. I actually find that very cute.

So when Marmie saw me in my nighties, she visibly looks relieved.

"Just go to sleep. You are going to take an early flight tomorrow" she warns.

So i nod with a kind smile in my mother's direction.

When Marmie left, i am suddenly missing my husband. I lock the door and went to pick up my phone so I can call my habibti.

But before i call him, he is calling me back at that time and my heart picks up speed when I saw his incoming call.

I am feeling a lot of elephants stampeding in my tommy. I can't help but ask myself. Is he also thinking of me?

So i pick the call and greet him.

"Mira it's tomorrow. Are you sure you will be there with me?" He asks worriedly.

"Of course I'll be there with you when it happens. In sha Allah, it will be all fine don't worry" i reassure him.

"I was a mess at the office today. I wished I could hear your voice Mira. I felt so alone and I felt so attacked. Just wear your Bluetooth device and I'll call you anytime. I really need you" he confessed.

I can't believe he is opening up like this. It's so uncharacteristic of him that i find myself  smiling. Tears gathers in my eyes as i considered the fact that wai Zain King is being so vulnerable. This life, my hats off to you wallahi.

"Did you do the duah today Zain?" I ask him as a reminder.

"I just finished Mira. I am feeling scared today. As if something is going to happen to me you know?" He tells me.

"Is this how you feel when you are alone?" I can't help but ask him.

"Sometimes" he allows.

"I haven't done my nafilats yet. Will you recite the Quran with me dear? It's the best cure I can think of. For anxiety and loneliness" I tell him.

Zain seems pleased when he says "give me a moment to make another ablution and I'll call you through FaceTime" he concedes.

So I cut the call and did my own ablution too. Somehow, I am feeling really good. If Zain opens up to me, things will be remarkably easier. Even if it is only in his sickness, letting go of his ego is definitely a good thing.

So I put my laptop in front of me and put my Quran on a wooden Quran holder. I am suddenly remembering when Ya Eman gave it to me as a gift and Ya Kashim is claiming they bought it together. The guy doesn't want to spend a fine but he still wants praises. A smile hovers on my lips at the rememberance.