73: What they thought

Kashim's POV

"It's very painful..." I cried out, feeling like there is a knife in my chest twisting and hacking my innards into different sections!

Pappy stares at me through pitying eyes. "You have to endure it. As soon as Zain proves to them he is not who they think he is, this game will be over and your family can finally know peace of mind" he consoled.

But I don't think he knows how painful it feels...

Anyways, I chose this path. I only wanted to free Ya Zain from their evil clutches. I wanted to sacrifice something for him so he knows he is still my number one. He will always be my role model, my mentor...

Ever since what happened to Zain, me and Eman were trying to make him see we are matured enough to take over his company until he is well again, Zain doesn't trust me. He feels betrayed that I will believe pappy's words. I feel as if he is treating us like children as usual. So I wanted Eman to help me investigate who had tried to hurt him. Zain warned me against it. Severally in fact. Eman, the scaredy cat backed off. He would always obey Ya Zain even if he is wrong. But I knew that someone needed to help him. Sometimes, he is always acting as if he is a one man army. If I can help in any way, I would..

So I found out about the keys. At first I was alarmed. But then it lead me to Pappy who explained it to me that there are people who did really bad things they want to keep hidden and they think that Zain is a part of their little circle. If it happens they prove that he is, he would be targeted and he would never know peace of mind. Cox people like Zain always end up dead trying to prove they are god fearing...

Anyways, I believed his explanations when I heard what they actually did for the experiments.

I wanted to protect my brother like never before.

And I trust that Pappy will always have Zain's interest at heart. So we hatched a plan on how to make Zain prove his innocence and so escape the scrutiny and attacks.

Turns out all I needed to do is find the original key, swallow it with the intention of locking Zain's heart. And if it works fully, they will cease to think he is that important and they will stop trying to attack him.

That's my naivety. I believed too much. I strayed...

And now the pain is unbearable. And Pappy says today is when Zain would get awarded and the moment that all important award is ruined, it will be clear what is happening. And everything will be history!

I was so so dumb!

God! I can't stand myself at that exact moment and I didn't even know!

Pappy's POV

The Gaddos are a really ancient family. Which is why we are brought up with stringent rules of propriety just so they own up to the weight of their name!

Its not possible for such a family to disband just because one man died. Every important Gaddo knows that. And besides, the way our companies crashed is very very suspicious even though bankruptcy is something very real and mismagement of funds can lead to virtually anything in this life.

One of those people who knew that is Zain King. When you are the head of a multi billion dollar enterprise, you definitely cram all the ways you could lose your money. It becomes second nature to identify foul play.

He never questioned it though, but I am certain he definitely looked into it.

I just don't know what he is thinking cox like everybody else, he is acting as if it's all normal. Like he really don't care what we Gaddos did.