70: The Alero

Barack's POV

Right now, the prison is a safe place for me to stay. It's not comfortable but it's peaceful for me.

It's an odd time for a visitor to come and see me. But it's after lights out when the warden sent for me.

So I was taken to his office and the person I saw is....her!

She stood there with her back to me until everything is coming back to me in great details. How we met, the love I have felt so much for her. The same love which will not die so easily. I wonder if it's my doing or hers. This mad love that makes everything seem pathetic. It has to be all part of her great plan.

I am not so shocked when the prison warden left us. Not just anyone can threaten her.

Finally, she turns to look at me.

She is looking even more beautiful than the last time I saw her. She always was a stunning beauty-whether in rags or clean clothes. In beautiful designer pieces, she is nothing except smashing!

But when I look at her now,I feel, she looks somehow matured? Wait, I am not making sense. Of course she is more matured. Living with Zain's family will make her calm and collected cox no one is hurting her anymore.

We stared at each other for a while. And then the look she gave me was so dark that I felt the need to look away.

"You disappointed me Barack Abid!" She states and I can hear her disappointment clearly in her voice, crushing me...

All I sincerely want to do is kneel down and beg for her forgiveness. Hearing that disappointed voice of hers is killing me slowly from the inside. I have never felt anything so strong except wanting to touch her in the past and not being able to.

Oh Allah! Did I want to touch her or did I love her? I am confused. But things were never this clear...

"I will forgive you if you promise to make me proud in the future" she states again.

Even though I feel like dying if I don't quickly accept, I look at her again and say "why these feelings?"

She smiles at me and decided then to sit down. As soon as she did, I sit on the floor as well cox I am towering over her.

"I locked your heart Abid. Now your feelings are mine to control. Your cravings, your obsessions...it's all as I wish it" she smiled with an evil glint.

"Why me? Why not Uzair?" I asked.

"I need something else from him" she declares. "But enough if you. Let's talk about why I am here" she explained.

"Why are you here?" I ask, curious.

"You aren't the only one who has failed me. The game needs a reset" she announced.

My heart gives a big doom when she said that. Surely, she isn't also thinking of doing away with me...

I am not even safe in prison.

"What do you need?" I ask her.

"A clean slate" she declares.