76: A quiet ending 1

Two months later

Mira's POV

Zain insisted that I see a therapist. In fact, he forced me to keep the sessions or I will be forced to stay at the hospital until they are ready to discharge me. Since he won't mind paying unnecessary hospital bills, and I am tired of staying at the hospital, I decided to just comply. Afterall, I don't need to speak to the so called therapist.

The therapy that worked on me is the one Momsie engages me in. You know how mind are. They make you feel at ease with your misery. So I opened up to her freely telling her stuff I would never have thought I will tell anyone ever.

Her therapy help included recitation of the Quran, listening to waazi and putting Allah first. She is determined to heal me spiritually and somehow, wallah I feel so much better after every session which Marmie said is just another way for me to visit Abuja every week.

Now Marmie and Momsie don't visit us anymore. They are determined to make the men see the value in their visits and Baba Murtala already admitted defeat.

"Can you really leave your Mira suffering alone in Lagos? It's just her in the big mansion" he would sometimes tease.

"I will not be called a nosy mother in law ever again. You can go and see her yourself if you are so worried" she would reply. The funny thing is, she is the one telling me and I can hear her worry it's like she is indirectly asking me is I am indeed alright.

I swear it's also funny how both Baba Mufeed and Baba Murtala drop by all the time for a few minutes just to check up on us now. I think both traumas we went through has not left their minds yet. Though I appreciated Baba Murtala, I still feel detached when it comes to my father.

It's hard to think of anyone worrying about Zain so I am definitely sure it's only me they don't believe am doing okay.

Sha, it's Nayel's first birthday and we didn't want a big celebration as usual. Zain and I, though not as chummy as before, are at least being civil to each other.

So we kinda chose the cake together, his outfit, the interior decorator for the event and everything.

It's just family members and I get to see Annie for the first time in a long while. We had a teary moment where she confessed that she also wants to get married but she still hasn't found someone she is willing to sacrifice her freedom for. That her parents are blaming her for being too choosy...

I got to see some of my cousins I haven't seen in over year as well. I swear, it's turned into a big party with us grown ups shamelessly taking the spotlight. The little children were later just taken to a park where hey spent the rest of the day partying and playing to their heart's content.

Of course the photo shoot is quite lovely and Eman's fiancé, xeexee also came.

We hit it off immediately and she wasn't what I was expecting. I honestly thought she would be snobby seeing as she is so beautiful. Or that she would try to be shy and annoying. But she was so nice that we became friends immediately. Now I can't wait to have her as my sister in law!

Anyways, with all the posting of Nayel's picture and all the hype about the heir of king co, my little champ has become a celebrity.

Umar kinda brought his grumpy girlfriend too who travelled all the way from Abuja just to meet my little Nayel.

"What kind of a girl is she? This is LAGOS! Why did her parents let her visit her boyfriend's family in a different state?" Huzaifah is complaining.