59: Another puzzle

Mira's POV

It's been a few days since Esha's wedding. We have already settled into a comfortable existence.

A lot of things have happened in the outside world. But in my own house, both me and Zain have already begun to get a little busy.

You can always find me in my office where I am busy setting up all of the things I want to do with it.

My office has a workstation where I set up my cake making tools. Inside the elegant part of the office is where I set up my hacking tools.

I already love my working area so much. It has everything I'll ever need. And those things I don't have don't seem to bother me one whit!

Thankfully, Zain doesn't care that I cook. He seems to prefer the chef to cook our meals.

"Cooking is a professional occupation Mira. Let the experts do it" was his reason. And the mere fact that we eat such delicious meals anytime we want it makes his words ring true.

Another thing I don't do is household chores. Zain has a lot of things to hide in my own estimation. He would always clean his room and wash his bathroom himself like one Mara gaskiya like that.

"Are you looking down on my cleaning skills?" I once demanded.

"No. But I thought my room is my personal space. Plus why would you even want to be the one cleaning my room?" He asks as if genuinely baffled.

"I used to do it" I complained.

"I am sorry you had to do it" he returns as if apologetically.

"I am not complaining about the work. I am your wife. I should do something for you at least. In case you don't notice, that is the norm!" I point out. If Marmie hears that he is also cleaning his own room, I swear she will try her best not to understand!

"Forget the norm. You are my wife habibti. There are millions of things you can do to get Allah's favor. You don't need to clean my room" he explains. "I am very demanding with life Mira. And there are days I won't be able to clean my room too. You can help me when I can't" he reasons.

"If you say so" I accept. Not that I want to clean his room but I am afraid I won't have enough I'll do for him as his wife. I don't want to get too lazy just because we are rich.

But I have come to realize that Zain is particularly easy going when it comes to certain priorities and principles. He doesn't really care about me working around the house. He wants his wife to be more productive in areas where she can help him out. He wants a really rich life where we carve out the things that matter most to us. He accepts that he doesn't like chores. So he doesn't understand why I should be forced to do it either.

"Do what it is you like Mira. Enrich yourself. Your development is always forever my gain" he would urge me. And if those words weren't sweet, I don't know what is!

It's not an exaggeration when I say, I look forward to life with so much anticipation cox I don't feel the weight anymore. Not on my heart or my life.

I feel free. So much that I forget I am sick sometimes.

"I haven't been a social person Mira. I admit I don't like people very much. Seeing a lot of people constantly makes me nervous. Too many faces, too many calculations..." he once told me.