14: In his mind

10th of December, 2019.

Mira's POV

I have a lot of regrets in my life honestly. Looking back, I was a crazy idiot for acting like someone with Jas's personality.

There is something dark about Zain which had made Jas so attractive he got drunk with love for the passion she ignites in him.

I keep rewinding the past, sighing, cringing at intervals.

It's very early in the morning and I am doing My morning azkar when the past keeps intruding upon my consciousness.

I stand up from the prayer rug and folds the hijab. Once I put them away, I went to the toilet to bathe. But the warm soak I indulged in to help relax my muscles suddenly had me fighting sleep.

I quickly drained the water and had a quick shower before wrapping a towel around me and walking out to my room.

A rap at the connecting door has me curiously glaring at this inconvenient hole between our rooms! This is just too much!

I dived for my hijab and wrestle with wearing it and I haven't quite gotten to the point where I wore it when he walks into my room.

I pulled the hijab to my chest in panic.apparently, it's the one place my instincts are warning me to protect. From what, I have no idea! It's completely unreasonable seeing as he isn't even looking at me yet.

Zain is busy righting his Andemer's luxury watch that is rose gold in color. He has already clicked it into place in no time.

He urges me to come closer as if he didn't see my state of undress.

"Give me a minute to dress please!" I ask him.

He finally looks up and he is facing me now. He took in my entire situation and he Rolls his eyes once before going to sit on one of the two high backed armed chairs in my room.

"I have a meeting in an hour Mira. Be fast!" He urges me.

So I quickly went into my closet and brought out a random dress which I put over my head. I also put my hijab on and walk out to meet him.

Once I sit opposite him, I noticed he is already busy replying to something on his phone.

When is it ever right if he is not busy?!

I am already feeling like I should have taken my time to wear lotion before my skin dries...

He puts his phone on the center table and regards me with a serious expression.

"Stop sleeping over at Momsie's room!" He cautions.

My frown is quizzical. "Why would that bother you? I would think it makes me a very thoughtful daughter seeing as her room resides in a wing completely away from human habitation and she gets lonely too..." I made the narration long on purpose to annoy him.

"Yeah yeah whatever!" He cuts me off impatiently. "look Mira, Momsie is already giving us funny looks. We have to put her mind at ease so she doesn't worry too much. Sleeping in your room will be more beneficial to everyone involved" he declares.