4: Does he know?

"So what are we having for dinner?" Huzaifah asks, keeping the peace by not digging much about his loss.

"After you both change and take a very long bath, you can come down and have dinner with me. I made hot tomato sauce and fried spaghetti. I didn't have time so I didn't make the peppered chicken you guys take with it. But don't worry, the grilled fish will be ready before you are ready" I assure them.

As they left me to myself, I didn't get one thought in my head when the doorbell rang.

When I opened it, it's Annie, looking fabulous in her simple red mermaid gown that she paired with a forest green head roll. She wears a gold ring on her middle finger and the feminine looking bracelet added the right amount of bling to her overly simple getup. But of course, Annie wears the meanest heels.

"The cake, I hope is finished!" She asks with a smile.

"Yep!" I smile back. So we went to bring the cake out. Once it is safely inside Annie's car, I sigh with relief. "I hope Zain shows up" I state sincerely. A two million naira birthday party deserves at least a call from Zain right? Somehow I doubt it.

If she can get a private charter to bring him over with grand expressions of humbleness, he might show up for five minutes!

Zain is just...arrogant...and extremely hard to please!

Annie laughs. "In your dreams! I know even Ali knows he will not show up! He might refund the two million though and that might gain her a phone call. Esha thinks he will call" she shrugs.

Oh so the unspoken reality is Ali actually trying to gain his attention! This means he hasn't made a move since she made it sound like she is Jas! She told Annie that they were dating even when I was married to him. That he divorced me for her. That he thought her name is Jasmine blabla...

Only Allah knows what is real after All!

"Well have fun! Whether he shows up or not, the party is bound to rock" I laugh.

Annie laughs too. "I'll record the fun parts for you. Though we might use the entire night before I can properly tell you the entire disappointing scene!" She grins with devilish intent.

I laugh again. "Don't worry too much. I can always sleep in the morning!" I replied.

"I am more worried about my own sleep. Mommy will wake me up at the crack of dawn!" She frowns. "She doesn't get that a girl needs her beauty sleep!" She complains with a pout.

"Get out! You are always sleeping!" I mock glare at her, half laughing.

"So not true!" She denies.

"Fine! You can sleep over at Yakumbo's place. She will only wake you up for salat" I point out.

Annie allows herself a smile. "It's a date then. I'll call you as soon as I return. Wait for the good news!" Her smile widens to a grin.

I shake my head when she pulls out to head towards the gate. She didn't park properly. Her lazy ass just stopped the car right in front of the porch steps that leads inside Momsie's house.

I don't even know yet if I should be sad I wasn't invited or I should be happy that Ali is so intimidated by me that she keeps telling people she will 'wulakantani' if I attend.

So I turn around to enter the house. But then another car came in. And am I surprised!

How do I know who it is?

It's the damn car! Imported, sleek and monstrous!

Plus the car plate has his freaking name on it.

King XVII.