10: His move

Zain

"Zain, you know they cannot pay you back. Have mercy this once and forgive them please" Pops forces himself to beg me.

I can see it is hard on him. And this isn't what I wanted anyway.

It's my mistake. Pops didn't need to suffer unnecessarily for it.

"You know. It can never be said that I am heartless" I began with unhurried gait.

"In fact, I am so generous that I am forgiving Aliyah and her family. What is money compared to familial relationships?" I smile with double meaning.

Pops is not a fool. He can feel the situation deftly changing course. He knows I am up to something.

"What will you require to forgive them then?" Pops asks carefully.

I smirk at them all.

"Simple! I want Mira back!" I disclosed.

Utter silence!

"Zain, you know Mira is getting married don't you?" Pops asks.

The smirk wipes off immediately. A brooding feeling of absolute murder burns my innards.

"But can she get married when she is already married?" I ask directly.

Pops began to look angry as everything began to sink in.

"You will not get Mira! She is going to marry Aman! At least he knows how to keep a woman!" Pops raged.

I ignored pops for a moment to look at Baba Garba who is sweating bad despite the air conditioning.

"Do you hear him? I won't get Mira! So you won't get forgiveness! You are dead!" I state it matter of factually.

Pops looks to be in a state of permanent rage. But i am sure I look like I doesn't care.

"Baba Garba, for the blood we share, I hope you return everything before morning. I would hate to dig your grave too early" I smile comfortably.

I did not say farewell on my way out.

Baba Garba knows better than to beg me. So he dissolves into a mess of tears. That overgrown crybaby!

So I went to the royal palace to meet with Marwan.

The wife chose to welcome me though. She is at her husband's chambers when I arrived.

"Bil Zain is here ashe!" She smiles dryly. She doesn't like any of us.

Not Hamid Sarki, not Saad Bono or Barack Abiid!

This snob!

"Where is he?" I ask, ignoring her stupid reference. She calls us Bil this or Bil that. Since her husband is not exempt from the sarcasm, I don't bloody care!

"Taking a bath I imagine" her smile is too sticky.

"I am sure he can meet me at the club later then" I turned to leave.