23: His quirk

Zain's POV

My friends finally got a wind of my accident and came to see how I am doing.

Mira came to inform me.

I can see she is really trying to curb her sharp tongue and her bad habit of talking back to me in that sassy way I love and hate at the same time.

Good. Means she has begun to learn her lesson.

"Should they come in here?" She asks in a small voice that shouldn't belong to her.

"No. I want to stretch my legs" I inform.

She moves closer to me so every blink of her lashes is visible under my radar of scrutiny.

I smelled her special effervescent humrah and if I moved only a little, we would be touching each other.

"Please let me help you" she pleads.

Wonders! Mira is begging me to agree for her to help me!

"Okay" I agree.

Truthfully, she is too thin. Her eyes are getting too big for comfort because the hollow around it is capsizing their weight.

She looks like a wilted flower.

And isn't that strange? Mira is supposed to fight back with all she's got.

Why is she silent?

If she tells Momsie, she would definitely take her side. It's as much her fault as it is mine after all.

So Mira's smile is all but blinding. She looks ready to hold me if I am to fall which is very funny considering she is pregnant and all. How strong can she be?

She couldn't have known how my heart skips a beat each time she does something risky. Like try to hold a tall human when he is falling!

So we arrive at my living room without incident. I am limping and walking slowly but otherwise I am really fine.

As I sit, Mira hung back to exchange greetings with them.

"I haven't seen your bride yet Malam Yarima" she teased Marwan who smiles at her.

See the difference between Mira and Yahana? Yahana calls me Bil Zain in that skeptically sarcastic tone. Yet, Mira calls Marwan Malam Yarima. He likes the name a lot which used to seem weird in the past when I can't feel an ounce of attraction for her.

"Very soon, you will meet her. I am getting married again" he explained.

If Mira is surprised, she didn't show it blatantly. Instead, she chose to throw in a joke.

"I am certain Habibti is as horrified as I am right now" she glances at me dramatically with wide eyes.

I smile naturally. "Of course" I agree.

All my friends look at me funny.

Eh! When did Mira start to call me names. And when did I begin to enjoy it! The question is written clearly on their faces.

"I am not understanding this scene at all" Marwan confessed with a glint of laughter in his eyes and a curiosity in the raise of his brows.

"I am not following as well" Hamid Sarki concur.

"Maybe they are one big family now" Sa'ad Bono smiles.

"Or he had hit his head during this questionable accident and Mira is still recovering from the shock" Barack is cool and poised as usual.